Thread: ISO2 Isomerizer
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
elric40
YaHookan

OK....OK....lol..... ..I've been working for like 12 hours today, but I'll take a few pictures and run you through the complete process...just gimme a few days. I'm also trying to afford a real buchner funnel and start running the finished product in an alcohol "slurry" thru activated charcoal.........to REALLY clean it up....... I seriously think I could process (or maybe even reprocess???? Elric grabs the bong, tokes again and grins sooooooooooo evily.....) this with full strength Citric Acid, then run it thru charcoal 8-10 times.......I think I can make a much superior product than I used to...... I just pulled this out of the closet...hadn't played with it for a few years actually....it's time again!!! ....old girlfriend didn't like it even in the house....but I told her that if it ever came up missing...SHE would come up missing............. lol

Now she's gone and the dogs don't care...........What was that song? Thank God & Greyhound she's gone..........please Jesus at least 500 miles by dawn......

oh btw...your bulb is WAY BIGGER than the original!!!!!!!! Of course, as long as it doesn't ignite the oil, I guess it's ok......(I wouldn't run it much past medium heat though...lol) I'd have to put my bulb on some kind of tester that I don't have to determine the wattage.....but this bulb is probably 20-25 watts or so..........it doesn't take much in that small space to heat up..it is a straight incandescent..no coating...I'll take a picture of it beside a ruler so you can see it......

You can google up a separatory funnel.......400-500ml is a real nice size....and 250 ml is as small as I'd go....you can control your alcohol quantity just by reclaiming all but a cup or so of alcohol before you separate..... the funnel - it's just a cylindrical vessel, open on top. It tapers down towards the bottom, and there is a small valve at the "throat" (bottom) that you open to let liquid out, close it to hold. You can separate out layers of liquids to within a couple of drops +\-

I'll post again in a few days...hectic schedule right now......peace
elric40 is offline   Reply With Quote