YaHooka Forums

YaHooka Forums (
-   Free For All (
-   -   Does anyone know.. (

Mescalito 09-17-2011 10:03 PM

Does anyone know..
what it is called when words are displayed like this...?


Roach 09-18-2011 03:56 AM

pictionary ?


A pictograph, also called pictogram(me), is an ideogram that conveys its meaning through its pictorial resemblance to a physical object. Pictographs are often used in writing and graphic systems in which the characters are to considerable extent pictorial in appearance.

Pictography is a form of writing which uses representational, pictorial drawings. It is a basis of cuneiform and, to some extent, hieroglyphic writing, which uses drawings also as phonetic letters or determinative rhymes.

deadhead94 09-18-2011 06:17 AM

It was pretty much the first written form of language.

Mercury 09-18-2011 03:59 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2