YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Free For All
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Free For All A place for thoughts and ideas that are out of place anywhere else.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
This isn't a thread about Terry
. It is to gather opinions and ideas so that things run a little smoother around here when our members occasionally run amok, Mod or member.
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Life is Subtext
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Samsara
Posts: 25,285
Thanks: 14,989
Thanked 11,489 Times in 5,559 Posts
LOL. Slunt wants maturity.



The Rev
__________________


Budforce - My Friend
August 29, 1973- May 25, 2012


The Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, but civility might be attainable.
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slunt For This Useful Post:
Jester4yall (04-06-2012), Stonie Jo (04-07-2012), The Rev (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mr. Nice Guy
 
It's A Way Of Life420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: the prairie
Posts: 897
Thanks: 110
Thanked 195 Times in 130 Posts
This is the Internet, the fact that we aren't looking each other face to face makes it all the easier to talk shit. But this also validates the shit talking to a degree, the question is do we share our feelings and trust that we are safe in doing so or keep everything bottled up. The vibe has changed on this forum from the past, before it was flame or be flamed now we have threads dedicated to complimenting each other. I say we all get along and if someone is constantly trolling another they be banned for two dayS, enough time to cool off and make up
__________________
In the San Francisco jail
Before he got out on bail
Kesey met a kid with magic fingernails.
"Take a lick," said the kid
And everybody did.
They all licked his nails and blew their lids.
Twenty-seven psyches
Going off like Nike
Missiles through the lye-scoured
Concrete skyways of the San Francisco Jail.
The kid had LSD on his magic fingernails.
It's A Way Of Life420 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to It's A Way Of Life420 For This Useful Post:
Jester4yall (04-06-2012), moketweed (04-07-2012), The Rev (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
KONERS!
 
turmaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 9,693
Thanks: 5,229
Thanked 9,955 Times in 4,660 Posts
Looks around..nope..though t I was in Mellow Stoners section of the forums for a section...
__________________
BONERZ!


"I browse at work. If some nerd had a problem with dicks I'd stare him in the eyes then magnify the picture in question without saying a word."

"Shit is cash I love to lose myself to narrative while simultaneously soaking in nature and watching the frogs bang."
__________________
Terry


"NCC: A Cautionary Tale of Condoms and Crises", OR "YOLO: Ballsack Barnacles & Babies"

silverleaf
turmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turmaline For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
they always come back
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 5,536
Thanks: 1,721
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,046 Posts
thanx for being proactive and making this thread slunt. U may have seen my post in the "never forget" thread ware i pretty much explained my feelings in general and asked for this kind of discussion.

I will elaborate a bit though (ok a lot as it turns out). I am guessing its a odd situation being a mod because some people will agree with what u do and others wont so its one of those your never gonna be right type of things.

I dont think there is anything wrong with getting like a 24 hour ban or 48 hours type of thing if somebody is stepping over the line slightly but doing it multiple times just to be a provocateur. 24hrs is kinda like getting a slap on the wrist.

I think in a lot of cases just a mod sending somebody who is being dickish a pm saying "hey your being a dick dude" and explaining why u feel that way is sufficient. People just want to get a good explanation from the mods and instead of they themselves just strait up PMing a mod or making a single thread on the subject they troll or flame for a bit. Its a two way street, good communication on both the mods end and our own is the key.

Like in Terrys case i think a PM would have been good..and if that dint work *i assumed thats what prob happened* then a 24 hour ban or a few days would have done the trick.------------

ok, on to the stuff that really matters the month or longer bans. A lot of us have been on these boards for a long ass time and during that time we have gotten to know a lot of secrets, fears, vices and trauma. The people who just say the absolute worst thing they can possibly think of just out of spite because they cant actually argue their own point or just have very small minds could possibly get a month or longer ban.

for example sometime early this winter i had a long time poster tell me that they hope my kid gets paralyzed like i was. Also at one point in time my daughter and wife were hit by a drunk driver and both almost died and i had a thread asking for help and i had somebody say "thats what u get for doing Heroin". Their is just no reason to say such things. They should get hit by a drunk driver...because i was a junkie at the time? shit man..

Another thing is when u know somebody has just in the last couple months or so just gotten over a addiction or that they are still working on getting over it and somebody will just throw that in their face which could honestly lead them to start using again. Like those kind of comments may have real world consequences. I think you have to take into consideration their history as a poster as well because if they have a history of saying shit like that..odds are they are gonna keep doing it and it is just so mean spirited that they could honestly use a good couple months ban.

Luckily shit like that doesnt happen that often and it really is only a few true assholes who say shit like that here. Overall i would say other than the minor terry issue yahooka has been getting a long pretty well.


Perma ban for anybody who rats out a grow or anything of that nature obviously.


sorry for writing a book...i prob dint explain things all that well either but will gladly answer any questions

Last edited by Jimmynoob; 04-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Jimmynoob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmynoob For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (04-06-2012), Jester4yall (04-06-2012), mothernature (04-07-2012), NugJug (06-09-2012), Pharm Girl (04-07-2012), Sage Tree (04-07-2012), silverleaf (10-20-2012), slunt (04-06-2012), SmokeaJoint (04-07-2012), Stonie Jo (04-07-2012), The Rev (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,257 Times in 2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_scatterheart View Post
Or just dismiss what I have to say because it's not what you want to hear.
I know this was aimed @ slunt but what are you ideas as far as intervention?
I think I like where you're going
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
KONERS!
 
turmaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 9,693
Thanks: 5,229
Thanked 9,955 Times in 4,660 Posts
See that shit is uncalled for. in JC's case..whoever said that about your fam. I wanna know who said it? pm me its worth a banning.
__________________
BONERZ!


"I browse at work. If some nerd had a problem with dicks I'd stare him in the eyes then magnify the picture in question without saying a word."

"Shit is cash I love to lose myself to narrative while simultaneously soaking in nature and watching the frogs bang."
__________________
Terry


"NCC: A Cautionary Tale of Condoms and Crises", OR "YOLO: Ballsack Barnacles & Babies"

silverleaf
turmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,257 Times in 2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmycube View Post
thanx for being proactive and making this thread slunt. U may have seen my post in the "never forget" thread ware i pretty much explained my feelings in general and asked for this kind of discussion.

I will elaborate a bit though (ok a lot as it turns out). I am guessing its a odd situation being a mod because some people will agree with what u do and others wont so its one of those your never gonna be right type of things.

I dont think there is anything wrong with getting like a 24 hour ban or 48 hours type of thing if somebody is stepping over the line slightly but doing it multiple times just to be a provocateur. 24hrs is kinda like getting a slap on the wrist.

I think in a lot of cases just a mod sending somebody who is being dickish a pm saying "hey your being a dick dude" and explaining why u feel that way is sufficient. People just want to get a good explanation from the mods and instead of they themselves just strait up PMing a mod or making a single thread on the subject they troll or flame for a bit. Its a two way street, good communication on both the mods end and our own is the key.

Like in Terrys case i think a PM would have been good..and if that dint work *i assumed thats what prob happened* then a 24 hour ban or a few days would have done the trick.------------

ok, on to the stuff that really matters the month or longer bans. A lot of us have been on these boards for a long ass time and during that time we have gotten to know a lot of secrets, fears, vices and trauma. The people who just say the absolute worst thing they can possibly think of just out of spite because they cant actually argue their own point or just have very small minds could possibly get a month or longer ban.

for example sometime early this winter i had a long time poster tell me that they hope my kid gets paralyzed like i was. Also at one point in time my daughter and wife were hit by a drunk driver and both almost died and i had a thread asking for help and i had somebody say "thats what u get for doing Heroin". Their is just no reason to say such things. They should get hit by a drunk driver...because i was a junkie at the time? shit man..

Another thing is when u know somebody has just in the last couple months or so just gotten over a addiction or that they are still working on getting over it and somebody will just throw that in their face which could honestly lead them to start using again. Like those kind of comments may have real world consequences. I think you have to take into consideration their history as a poster as well because if they have a history of saying shit like that..odds are they are gonna keep doing it and it is just so mean spirited that they could honestly use a good couple months ban.

Luckily shit like that doesnt happen that often and it really is only a few true assholes who say shit like that here. Overall i would say other than the minor terry issue yahooka has been getting a long pretty well.


Perma ban for anybody who rats out a grow or anything of that nature obviously.


sorry for writing a book...i prob dint explain things all that well either but will gladly answer any questions



this
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester4yall For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Peedman Style
 
Dr. ShinDig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 369
Thanked 430 Times in 274 Posts
Is it personal attacks or people just taking some funny BS on the internet a little too personally? I'd hate to see this place turn into vag city, I mean grass city.

This place gained it's popularity through the allure of being able to have conversations, but also throw some insults out there, not having to worry about holding back.
Dr. ShinDig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,257 Times in 2,158 Posts
I think it goes by the situation there


like mention by giles it would depend on the case I imagine
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester4yall For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_scatterheart View Post
Or just dismiss what I have to say because it's not what you want to hear.
Wasn't talking to you. I was replying to the comment before you. Your suggestion is the type of feedback being sought after. Sorry if there was some confusion created.
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,257 Times in 2,158 Posts
it was kinda funny tho... just saying


what are your thought slunt?
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
There are some members here who give me the impression that because things have gone a certain way before that they should continue that way forever.
Sometimes evolution happens and what was normal before is no longer considered justified now.
I'm sure Sage's wife would have a term for people who put others down to make themselves feel better.
Blacks were slaves, women couldn't vote, people used to smoke on elevators, but times have changed and for the better in most peoples opinions.
I don't believe anyone wants to change FFA's style or Yahooka's personality such as it is but a line is being drawn calling out the persistent problem makers to mellow out and tone it down somewhat.
The membership is starting to unite in their in their wish for civility and respect on the boards, especially outside of FFA.
So again I ask, What should be done? What path should Yahooka follow if any?
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slunt For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,587
Thanks: 4,945
Thanked 9,551 Times in 5,443 Posts
I think it's a really good thing that black people can vote and women can have jobs and people can't smoke in enclosed public areas and that there are firefighters and farmers and people that try to help make the world better and I have no idea what happened between terry and komp but they are both probably at fault for whatever but I don't anyone here gives a fuck what happened between them so I dunno why we are all deprived of both of them.

We are civil. I'm not coming to your houses I promise I won't find out where they are later. So we're civil ok?
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/
 
Grieves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 22,807
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 10,545
Thanked 13,434 Times in 6,486 Posts
The only question you need to ask...

Is this an offense bad enough to remove this person from the community...

If yes..Ban

If no...PM, Stern warning, public ridicule, etc...

I honestly think that the only ban that should be considered is the Perma ban for spammers and repeat offenders and/or the year ban so a user has the opportunity to come back after a lengthy cool down period if they want...

We need members, we need traffic, we need people hanging out, banning sends the opposite message, especially when it is someone who has been here for close to 10 years...

Banning for timeouts is asinine and doesn't do anything to curb the behavior...Just look at HP and his alt army for evidence, the banning(s) just amplified the negative behavior...
__________________
| ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


tyrannical apathy
militant ignorance
recreational outrage
convenient protest
free lunch felon
digital hobo
landlord president
prosperity gospel
predatory delay
disaster capitalists
aggravated boredom
sonic dysentery
what is your god trying to prove


Quote:
It has zero political or cultural value. It is reactionary in the worse sense: a gnarled wailing of a million broken losers joined in the comradery of hate and petty personal grievance.
Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grieves For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
I am in agreement with most of what you say.
Those statements lead to more questions.
Who decides what's "Too Far" and should penalties be set in stone such as 1 day first penalty, 2 days for 2nd and so on?
Should membership vote on some one being perma banned?
Should members be able to vote to have them un-banned?
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slunt For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (04-07-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,587
Thanks: 4,945
Thanked 9,551 Times in 5,443 Posts
Doesn't this website have an ignore feature?

If someone is harassing you, ignore them for a while.



Wouldn't that have solved this entire conundrum?
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir-Ex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/
 
Grieves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 22,807
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 10,545
Thanked 13,434 Times in 6,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slunt View Post
I am in agreement with most of what you say.
Those statements lead to more questions.
Who decides what's "Too Far" and should penalties be set in stone such as 1 day first penalty, 2 days for 2nd and so on?
Should membership vote on some one being perma banned?
Should members be able to vote to have them un-banned?
The counsel of mods should be enough talking heads to make fair enough decision(s)...

Membership should be able to have a hand in deciding when someone has "gone to far" but as for "voting someone off the island" the final decision should rest with the mods...

Members should be considered, but the final decision should always lay with those who have been chosen to take on that burden...

All of that shouldn't be taken as concrete either, like any situation it should be considered on a case by case basis, but with rules to use as the foundation to fall back on if mods/members can't reach an agreement...
__________________
| ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


tyrannical apathy
militant ignorance
recreational outrage
convenient protest
free lunch felon
digital hobo
landlord president
prosperity gospel
predatory delay
disaster capitalists
aggravated boredom
sonic dysentery
what is your god trying to prove


Quote:
It has zero political or cultural value. It is reactionary in the worse sense: a gnarled wailing of a million broken losers joined in the comradery of hate and petty personal grievance.
Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grieves For This Useful Post:
Jester4yall (04-06-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
slunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peoples Republic of Kanada
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 281
Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieves View Post
The counsel of mods should be enough talking heads to make fair enough decision(s)...
Therein lies the rub. Notice that I am the only Mod available today. Shall I decide for everyone?

Membership should be able to have a hand in deciding when someone has "gone to far" but as for "voting someone off the island" the final decision should rest with the mods...

That's what happens now and there is a major shit storm whenever someone is banned.

Members should be considered, but the final decision should always lay with those who have been chosen to take on that burden...

All of that shouldn't be taken as concrete either, like any situation it should be considered on a case by case basis, but with rules to use as the foundation to fall back on if mods/members can't reach an agreement...

These are some of the guidelines or rules we are asking about. What exactly should the rules be and if one of our nominated Mods enforces those parameters will they be collectively shit on?
__________________
If my Dog doesn't like you, I won't like you.

.
slunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design