YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Free For All
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Free For All A place for thoughts and ideas that are out of place anywhere else.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-27-2005, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
tokeMASter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: malaga, spain
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Psycadelic Revolution II

imagine if there was a new psycadelic revolution - a replica of the love and peace era of the 60s!! people droppin acid and actually trying to change the world. it might just be me but id die to see that happen again. LONG LIVE THE 60s!!
tokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lushous
 
SmokeSomeDoja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Erogenous Zones
Posts: 19,662
Thanks: 237
Thanked 456 Times in 291 Posts
id be down


__________________
fotoz fo yo azz



"I've run over black cats that were luckier than me."


SmokeSomeDoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
if we don't have a third world war, then it will happen.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
tokeMASter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: malaga, spain
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
third world war?
tokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
dickhead
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really against the idea or anything...but what exactly did the "psycadelic revolution" accomplish the first time around? Sure everyone was dropping acid and proclaiming high minded ideas and revolutionary talk, but here we are 40 years later. The hippy generation is in power, the military idustrial complex is more powerful than ever and those same free-love advocating social revolutionaries who smoked pot and fucked in the woods at woodstock are now sitting in the whitehouse and the pentagon bombing the poor and taking our freedoms away one by one. It's a sad fact. As beautiful as the concept is, it just lacked the substance to really change things. It sucks because so many great ideas were put forward and so many people were so epically disappointed.

I don't think this generation even has the motivation to want things to change. In fact, I disagree with Pitfall...the only thing that may give them the motivation would be WWIII. But judging from the reaction to Iraq...I don't see it happening.

The world could always use a change. Our parents tried and failed. It has to be something different, something of substance, and something lasting. As much as it pains me to say it, maybe drugs were the problem. If the social protest hadn't been squelched by the apathy of the dropout crowd and destroyed by the cocaine addled aftermath of the 70s and 80s (which taught that generation how to be greedy), perhaps things would've changed. As daunting as the thought may be, we are the inheritors of the problem. Though they hold the power, it is out of their hands...we will be in power next. What will we do? Much the same, I fear. Change may not be enough at this point either. We need much more than that. We need enlightenment. We need redemption. We need a miracle.

What do you think about that?

jc
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
i think you're pretty fucked up. the psychadelic revolution showed that we can do and think however we want to. i highly doubt that there's any hippies from that revolution now in the white house. if there is, they'd all be secretaries and shit like that. and i don't think that all the hippies became cokeheads either! what a cop out you've got going on! there was an excellent response to the iraq war, and that's why protestors came out in record numbers. 9/11 is meant to be the most investigated day in history, and activism is always increasing.

the main problem is the general mindset that we have. that greedy and guilty consumerist mentality. all made by government ruled media and government ruled institutions. it appears that the general person is fairly apathetic and selfish, but i don't believe that's really how it is. alot of people are just afraid. what will make the average person motivated to take on corruption if they believe that they can't do anything at all?

the next psychadelic revolution would be bigger than the last one, and i guarantee that! the first one wasn't really a revolution when you think about it, it was just a rebellion. the next revolution will have us changing the entire system. back then it was just like people wanted to be able to live in a peaceful world and take drugs, but now it's like we want even more than that.

you can't compare this generation to the one in the 70s, because it's just too different. human evolution is still happening, it's still picking up speed, and if you find the right perspective, you will clearly see this. and there's still things to be optamistic about! for example, a few years ago the idea of conservation wasn't even in our language, and now it's becoming the norm.

over a couple of years there has been a huge acceleration of the spreading of information. there has been more questioning and more anger etc. we're slowly reaching a much better world i think. in 10 years, our race will be totally ready for a revolution. we will have the tools to do it all properly. by 2012 all should be cherry.

the 70s was like a practice run, because there was much less people knowing how corrupt the governments really are. we could have a successful revolution now though i guess, because we do still have alot of intelligent people out there. before i was just saying that we might evolve into something really amazing in 10 years time. something that could be looked at as perfect. a perfect unit.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
i think you're pretty fucked up. the psychadelic revolution showed that we can do and think however we want to. i highly doubt that there's any hippies from that revolution now in the white house. if there is, they'd all be secretaries and shit like that. and i don't think that all the hippies became cokeheads either! what a cop out you've got going on! there was an excellent response to the iraq war, and that's why protestors came out in record numbers. 9/11 is meant to be the most investigated day in history, and activism is always increasing.
Hey. Calm down its ok. I'm not fucked up. The "psychadelic revolution" didn't really show us that. The constitution declares that we are a free people with rights. The revolution is just an example of people exercising their rights and challenging the system. It happens all the time. It has always happened. It will always happen. Look at the ancient Stoics for an example. As I stated, I don't have a problem with the idea of a true psychadelic revolution, but revolution doesn't come from psychadelics, it comes from people.

Doubt all you want but it is true that many of those in power were once "revolutionaries ". If not, where did they all go? Secondly, did I say all hippies become cokeheads? No, because that is rediculous. But it was a plague on that generation was it not? It did lead to the ultimate burnout of that revolutionary flame. When I speak of hippies in power, I'm really talking about generations not individuals. Many hippies did not become coke heads. Many did. Many hippies did not come to power. Many did. Many hippies never sold out. Many did. But we are faced with the fact that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The same evils they soapboxed against are with us now regardless of the revolution.

By the way, a cop-out is defined as a failure to confront a difficulty squarely. That is exactly what I am attempting to do, even if I don't like the sound of it. To me, as much as I like psycadelics, when it comes to social change, if the 60's and 70's were any indication...psychad elics were the ultimate cop-out. "Drop out. Tune in. (ie. Don't confront society's problems directly)"

And as far as Iraq and 9/11 are concerned, you're right. Record numbers of people showed up to protest the war...especially overseas. What still happened anyway? War. Where are the protestors now? Who is still in the White House? Where were the record numbers on Election Day? Maybe they were getting high. Maybe they were tripping. Maybe they were "dropping out and tuning in." Maybe they just don't care. Once again let me re-iterate that I smoke pot. I enjoy it. But revolution does not come from pot or any drug. I am not anti drugs by any stretch. But they have to have their place. The minute we put our faith in drugs, is the minute we lose our faith in people. And people are responsible for changing things. Not drugs.

Activism always increasing? Who knows. I'm not convinced. Our society is becoming more and more conformed to a homogenized false image of humanity devoid of integrity and self worth. This is connected to what you said here:

Quote:
the main problem is the general mindset that we have. that greedy and guilty consumerist mentality. all made by government ruled media and government ruled institutions. it appears that the general person is fairly apathetic and selfish, but i don't believe that's really how it is. alot of people are just afraid. what will make the average person motivated to take on corruption if they believe that they can't do anything at all?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
the next psychadelic revolution would be bigger than the last one, and i guarantee that! the first one wasn't really a revolution when you think about it, it was just a rebellion. the next revolution will have us changing the entire system. back then it was just like people wanted to be able to live in a peaceful world and take drugs, but now it's like we want even more than that.
What do we want? I think it best to first define what our goals are or should be and then work from there. I'm not sure I want to try something that already failed again. Maybe we should try to think of a new way...Learning from the mistakes of the past...not making them again.

Quote:
you can't compare this generation to the one in the 70s, because it's just too different. human evolution is still happening, it's still picking up speed, and if you find the right perspective, you will clearly see this. and there's still things to be optamistic about! for example, a few years ago the idea of conservation wasn't even in our language, and now it's becoming the norm.
Of course I can compare this generation to previous ones! To suggest otherwise is nonsense. By comparing and contrasting the various differences and similarities...the respective faults and strengths shared by all, we can learn and grow...and change. Evolution still happening? YES IT IS. It feeds on the past and changes. It doesn't stagnate and do the same thing over and over. It does what it needs to do to survive. Evolution simply finds what works and does it. That simple. All I'm saying is lets find what works, then let's do it and evolve already! You are mistaken, however, about my optimism, or lack thereof. Though my post reads as fairly gloomy it does contain a seed of optimism. We can change. We can. We just have to keep our wits about us realize that change must come through us. We are soverign individuals and that is sacred. We have the power to change the world and while drugs my play a part, we are the masters whatever good or evil we work in the world.

Quote:
over a couple of years there has been a huge acceleration of the spreading of information. there has been more questioning and more anger etc. we're slowly reaching a much better world i think. in 10 years, our race will be totally ready for a revolution. we will have the tools to do it all properly. by 2012 all should be cherry.
You're right about that. And I share you're hope that with patience and understanding, we can become something more than what we are now. Let's not put a date on it though, relying on past prophecies and Mayan calenders. Let's just figure out what to do and do it.

Quote:
the 70s was like a practice run, because there was much less people knowing how corrupt the governments really are. we could have a successful revolution now though i guess, because we do still have alot of intelligent people out there. before i was just saying that we might evolve into something really amazing in 10 years time. something that could be looked at as perfect. a perfect unit.
hmm. Perfection is a noble goal. But all too often the desire for perfection leads to a need for order and uniformity. I believe that our ulitmate unity will be found in our diversity... a view shared I might add, by many in the hippy generation. But it is individual progress that will lead us forward. Maybe we should be focused on inward revolution. A spiritual, mental, and emotional evolution that will seed the physical revolution to come. Like I said...enlightenment of the mind, redemption of our self image, and liberation of our bodies.

Can't you see? I'm not against you. I just ask that we reason this thing out. Let's learn from the past and move forward so that someday our children aren't left with the problems that were handed down to us. Our parents tried, and I thank them for it...my parents were right there. But now it is up to us.

jc
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
you don't know what "turn on, tune in, drop out" means, so i'll just let ya be.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
hahahaha right. ok.

jc

edit: What Leary meant and what it actually came to mean are two entirely differing and opposing ideas. Sure rythym, this cycle that its all well and good...mystic sounding and profound but what did it become? If you read what I wrote it actually agrees with the true sentiments of the good Doctor.

edit 2: Do you have anything about what I actually said to comment on? I was hoping for an open dialogue since you obviously care about social change. Sometimes the internet can be a useful tool for people to communicate and exchange ideas. Sometimes it is a platform for egos and dogmatism.
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lushous
 
SmokeSomeDoja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Erogenous Zones
Posts: 19,662
Thanks: 237
Thanked 456 Times in 291 Posts
looks like someone got pwned and cant admit it or cant debate. either one.
__________________
fotoz fo yo azz



"I've run over black cats that were luckier than me."


SmokeSomeDoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
peon - it basically means for people to TURN ON with drugs, TUNE IN with a psychadelic experience, and then DROP OUT of the destructive contradictive belief systems that exists in society. tim leary was a very smart man, and i can't believe that so many people actually believe leary wanted a society of dropkicks. there's some in-depth interpretation of the line somewhere on the internet. i didn't feel like replying at the time, because you wrote so much and came off as a misanthrope. and also because i had already written heaps of different stuff that aren't to do with yahooka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSomeDoja
looks like someone got pwned and cant admit it or cant debate. either one.
looks like you have nothing to say as usual. i'll give him a proper reply tomorrow, right now i have to go to bed. i bet you don't know what "turn on, tune in, drop out" means either.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Space Cadet
 
Mescalito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Thailand
Posts: 8,946
Thanks: 3,094
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peon1313
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really against the idea or anything...but what exactly did the "psycadelic revolution" accomplish the first time around? Sure everyone was dropping acid and proclaiming high minded ideas and revolutionary talk, but here we are 40 years later. The hippy generation is in power, the military idustrial complex is more powerful than ever and those same free-love advocating social revolutionaries who smoked pot and fucked in the woods at woodstock are now sitting in the whitehouse and the pentagon bombing the poor and taking our freedoms away one by one. It's a sad fact. As beautiful as the concept is, it just lacked the substance to really change things. It sucks because so many great ideas were put forward and so many people were so epically disappointed.

I don't think this generation even has the motivation to want things to change. In fact, I disagree with Pitfall...the only thing that may give them the motivation would be WWIII. But judging from the reaction to Iraq...I don't see it happening.

The world could always use a change. Our parents tried and failed. It has to be something different, something of substance, and something lasting. As much as it pains me to say it, maybe drugs were the problem. If the social protest hadn't been squelched by the apathy of the dropout crowd and destroyed by the cocaine addled aftermath of the 70s and 80s (which taught that generation how to be greedy), perhaps things would've changed. As daunting as the thought may be, we are the inheritors of the problem. Though they hold the power, it is out of their hands...we will be in power next. What will we do? Much the same, I fear. Change may not be enough at this point either. We need much more than that. We need enlightenment. We need redemption. We need a miracle.

What do you think about that?

jc
I think when we get a device which can provoke the transition into the astral state.. And as you said lots of people are lazy.. so it would have to be some sort of device so that even lazy people can use it! lol

Then everyone will have a time where they will hnto only learn about themselves by default.. but will be able to fulfill every desire. Consequently i believe that in waking life things will change rapidly.. for the better. I can see everyone starting to work together. Almost every kind of entertainment system wil become obsolete! Most drugs dont even compare to control of the astral state.

Thats just my opinion anyway! Also they can do it already.. but they need to open up your skull and poke a rod to the gland. heh

M
Mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
peon - it basically means for people to TURN ON with drugs, TUNE IN with a psychadelic experience, and then DROP OUT of the destructive contradictive belief systems that exists in society. tim leary was a very smart man, and i can't believe that so many people actually believe leary wanted a society of dropkicks. there's some in-depth interpretation of the line somewhere on the internet. i didn't feel like replying at the time, because you wrote so much and came off as a misanthrope. and also because i had already written heaps of different stuff that aren't to do with yahooka.

Yes I am very familiar with what Dr. Leary meant. As I stated previously, I think my view actually is in agreement with his with a markedly lighter emphasis on drugs. I wasn't, however, talking about what Dr. Leary wanted to happen...I was talking about what did happen. I've read plenty of Leary and enjoy some of it, but you have to admit...it didn't quite work out the way it was tried in the 60's. I, too, am for getting to know oneself (as previously stated), I am also for peaceful coexistence with my surroundings (as previously stated) and I, too, am all for leaving unhealthy fixations behind. So on all bases I am with Leary. What I am not with is the REALITY that happened. The fact that we are still in the same rediculous predicament decades after the fact. That is one fixation I suggest we drop. And if that means drawing inspiration from drugs, but not salvation (over-dramatic for effect) then let's try that.

And I'm no misanthrope. I have plenty of faith and hope for man. It's just going to take some original thinking and brotherly cooperation. Things we are not that good at. Let's put it this way...I'm a short term-pessimist and a long-term optimist.

jc
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
I think when we get a device which can provoke the transition into the astral state.. And as you said lots of people are lazy.. so it would have to be some sort of device so that even lazy people can use it! lol

Then everyone will have a time where they will hnto only learn about themselves by default.. but will be able to fulfill every desire. Consequently i believe that in waking life things will change rapidly.. for the better. I can see everyone starting to work together. Almost every kind of entertainment system wil become obsolete! Most drugs dont even compare to control of the astral state.

Thats just my opinion anyway! Also they can do it already.. but they need to open up your skull and poke a rod to the gland. heh

M
Interesting idea about the "Astral Transitioner" but don't you fear that it would just take the place of drugs? What I'm saying is...Shouldn't the change come from within? No tricks or middlemen. Just us evolving. (and doing it conciously!) I know I would probably need the lazyman's AT most of the time, unfortunatley. lol.

You're vision of an astrally realized humanity is intriguing nonetheless. A humanity that conciously operates on a higher level by default would definately be the kind of change that would mark an evolutionary leap. Do you think we are close?

Are you talking about the Pineal Gland? That little piece of tissue has some crazy shit going on in and around it.

jc
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Old School
 
Philly (.Y.)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peon1313
The hippy generation is in power, the military idustrial complex is more powerful than ever and those same free-love advocating social revolutionaries who smoked pot and fucked in the woods at woodstock are now sitting in the whitehouse and the pentagon bombing the poor and taking our freedoms away one by one. It's a sad fact.
do you seriously think that bush and his team of advisers were a bunch of acid head hippies?

the people who advocated the psycadelic revolution during the 60's are still around, and they havent changed into war loving people who are all about taking away our personal rights and freedoms

i dont know where your getting your information from, but man is it ever wrong
Philly (.Y.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rastafarian
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montego Bay, Jamaica
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh, it's already started. See you there.
__________________
"Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin' bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one truth, an' that is the truth of Jah Rastafari."
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Old School
 
peon1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly (.Y.)
do you seriously think that bush and his team of advisers were a bunch of acid head hippies?
Sure, some of them. You see, by saying white house and pentagon, I suggested decision makers. We know Rumsfeld and Bush Sr. weren't hippies they were Nixon guys, but you'd have to be blind not to realize that when the 60's generation was given the reigns, some wide-eyed romantics settled down into the middle class and blended in and others sold out their ideals completely. It happens.

Quote:
the people who advocated the psycadelic revolution during the 60's are still around, and they havent changed into war loving people who are all about taking away our personal rights and freedoms
Where are they, then? Where were they on Election Day? Protecting their pocketbooks and their stock portfolios and passively helping trade liberty for security perhaps? It is my belief that peaceable people make up a silent majority in this country. But a silent flowerchild is a Bush loving fascist.

Quote:
i dont know where your getting your information from, but man is it ever wrong
An short and honest view, though not one I share. Look, once again, I'm talking about that generation as whole. Sure there are lots of hippies still hugging the world's problems away, but just as many traded their volkswagon for a lexus and their sunflowers for a 401k and Rush Limbaugh newsletter. Don't worry, it will more than likely happen to us too.


jc

edit: Think about what I am saying when I say "those who are now in power were once 'revolutionaries.'" "In Power" doesn't just mean Bush and his neo-con cronies. It means anyone who supports that spirit actively or even passively...the secretary at lockheed martin...the upper management guy at halliburton...etc. It's hard to escape and I do fear that we will all eventually get suckered in.

edit: MEA CULPA I realize that a lot of this is rather polarizing which was not my initial goal. I often push things towards the absurd just to get a point across. The point here is not to lay blame at the feet of our parents generation. In previous posts in this thread I acknowledge their valiant attempt at social change. Great deeds were done especially in civil rights and female issues. Hippies did affect change. God love em. I'm looking at you mellow stoners forum. But the point is this: that my generation is next. We are in the process of inheriting the leftover problems which are startlingly similar. As that generation grows into the comfort and stability of the system (without the concious mal intent my posts may carelessly insinuate) , it is up to us to challenge it now. I think they would want us to learn from their mistakes. Bringing it all back around...perhaps we should re-evaluate the place of drugs in the process.
__________________
The Universe itself can be called a myth, since bodies and material objects are apparent in it, while souls and intellects are concealed. -- Sallustius
peon1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
peon1313 - i disagree with what you first said about tune in and drop out. i think psychadelics are the ULTIMATE in confronting society's problems directly. and also in fixing them. but like you've said, it's up to the people, not just the drug. the drug is just the gateway. i was having a really hard time with my dad's death, and after 1 mushroom trip, i gained some wisdom that has totally made me stronger.

election day? what about the inauguration? tonnes of protestors there! i think there is a rise in activism, and i think that's because more and more people are getting fucked over by the system. people don't worry so much until it hits home. i also think that the internet is helping out alot with information, and bringing people like americans and australians together.

being that most of us yahookans are stoners, we can totally relate to the type of persecution we always get. we have perhaps even more of a relationship with one another than all the straight people. our main thing is consciousness expansion, not material objects and false standards etc. you have all these people in america and australia just worrying about their money, while our main thing is our freedom to toke. australia and america have different plains of corruption, but they both share the same sort of weed laws.

activism is getting more popular, believe me. i've thought like you have a few times, and it was just because i was impatient. and i'm still impatient in that i think howard and bush etc should have been kicked out ages ago. if you get some patience happening, you should be able to see that this race is SLOWLY rebelling. slow is bad, but what is good is that the speed is still always increasing. there has been alot of things popping up that have been pointing people in the right direction. for example, movies... martial law 9/11 rise of the police state, what the bleep do we know!?, star wars 3, waking life etc.

i'm an optamistic pessimist aswell. and well yeah, it shouldn't have been called a psychadelic revolution, because it's the people that did most of the work. i think they just called it a psychadelic revolution because the politicians thought that one acid trip could transform a yuppie into a hippie. i never call it a psychadelic revolution, most times i've just called it a revolution. sometimes i've called it the hippie revolution. "peace, not war."

i think leary did has a massive effect on people. i think it did work, but just not as good as it could have. people can have leaders, but people can't be sheep to these leaders or so-called prophets. leary made alot of sense, but because he had such an impact (and such a fanbase), alot of his supporters were lazy fucks that ended up turning into yuppies. that always happens though doesn't it? isn't it human nature? we all seek out spiritual enlightenment, and then as the years go on, we just stop doing it.

the next revolution has to have alot of mushroom use and weed use imo. i don't think it will really be a worthwhile revolution if mushrooms and weed aren't involved. we need to have a compassionate society that isn't afraid to read etc. if no drugs are involved in the next revolution, then i bet ya we'd end up going back to a democracy etc. and the pineal gland is more than a tissue by the way, it's a gland.

i think the dream world can be used as a hardcore tool to find out who we are and where we should be going. so that's one of my tips, learn how to lucid dream. lucid dream, and just get off on all the beauty and knowledge of the dream world. and peon, if you think that alot of the hippies ended up fading away, why don't you lead us into a world where all hippies STAY hippies? i'm never selling out for this corrupt government, i'd rather be dead. i might work a shitty job for survival if i have to, but there's no way i'd stay in it for many years while having my taxes rise etc.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not quite sure...
Posts: 7,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus
Oh, it's already started. See you there.
nuts! that would be so much fun! psytopia is a sweet name.
__________________
Of contradictions infinite the slave. --Wordsworth.
Pitfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design