YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > Growing The Good Herb > The Gene Pool
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

The Gene Pool Strain and Seedbank Discussion - Grown a killer strain? Been conned by a seedbank? Had good service from a seedbank? Want to breed your own strain? All things strain and seedbank related should be posted here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Fam !!! I need some seeds!!!

Ok so ive searched a few threads and thus far i havent found any conversations on seeds, seedbanks, or buying seeds... so i need a lil word from the wise out there... I live in the states and in a state where im unsure on the laws about the Purchasing seeds...sooooo my real question is , which seed banks are discrete, ship to the states, and reliable??? I was looking into nirvana and bonzaseeds.... any1 know about these??

SIDE BAR CONVERSATION.... I was goin through the forums and was shocked to find sobriety and recovery! kinda funny... just wasnt expecting to see that on yahooka...
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,256 Times in 2,158 Posts
Seedbank Reviews

Not sure how current it is but our knowledgeable members will be through here shortly. Timezone differences and all that hoopla.

Legality

http://norml.org/states
just click your state


Sobriety and recovery....Well we're all human and have issues. NOBODY is perfect.
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jester4yall For This Useful Post:
adventure (05-01-2013), farmergiles (05-01-2013), herban_kid (04-30-2013), Pharm Girl (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
slough and deglove you.
 
eldizle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denver Motherfuckin' Colorado
Posts: 7,172
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,776 Times in 944 Posts
can't help with the seeds, something I'm completely ignorant of,

but a lot of yahookans have at least some history with addictive behaviors and the struggle to change those behaviors.

we're a diverse lot.
__________________
"All I care about is that we are all happy and healthy...I don't give a fuck about how you got there, nor to I want to hear endless rambling about how your changes should be my changes...You do what works for you...I will do what works for me..."

~grieves
eldizle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eldizle For This Useful Post:
adventure (05-01-2013), herban_kid (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
hey jester... thanks man , thats goin to be a big help with understanding legally what im gettin myself into, and i appreciate both you and eldizle taking the time out to answer....
as far as the side bar convo.. yea i know we are all short when it comes to perfection... id be the first to get struck down if i said i aint got a few issues ... probably b4 i finished the sentence, (hell, i might not make it past the thought..LOL) ... but i was just poking fun.. was curious about who else was thrown by that forum... gotta admit... its kind of the last thing you would EXPECT to see on yahooka, and when ya see it... you at least chuckle a lil ... right?? or is that just my sick sense of humor???

Last edited by herban_kid; 04-30-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: i always re-read and edit... trying to make my message a lil more clear and understandable
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned YaHookan
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: gulf islands bc
Posts: 11,790
Thanks: 2,255
Thanked 5,703 Times in 3,040 Posts
Join Date: Apr 2013


we are NOT your 'fam'
__________________
RIP Gov
RIP Budforce
RIP BurnerOfTrees

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikey For This Useful Post:
Brand New Shoe (04-30-2013), Pharm Girl (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
slough and deglove you.
 
eldizle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denver Motherfuckin' Colorado
Posts: 7,172
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,776 Times in 944 Posts
damn mikey. very dramatic.
__________________
"All I care about is that we are all happy and healthy...I don't give a fuck about how you got there, nor to I want to hear endless rambling about how your changes should be my changes...You do what works for you...I will do what works for me..."

~grieves
eldizle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eldizle For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (05-01-2013), Grieves (05-01-2013), herban_kid (04-30-2013), Jester4yall (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,256 Times in 2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herban_kid View Post
hey jester... thanks man , thats goin to be a big help with understanding legally what im gettin myself into, and i appreciate both you and eldizle taking the time out to answer....
No problemo I'm just happy it helped

Quote:
as far as the side bar convo.. yea i know we are all short when it comes to perfection... id be the first to get struck down if i said i aint got a few issues ... probably b4 i finished the sentence, (hell, i might not make it past the thought..LOL)
You and me both hombre.

Quote:
... but i was just poking fun.. was curious about who else was thrown by that forum... gotta admit... its kind of the last thing you would EXPECT to see on yahooka, and when ya see it... you at least chuckle a lil ... right?? or is that just my sick sense of humor???
No worries, it's all good. You're correct about it being an unexpected forum for this site but it's kind of our only serious section. I mean you won't get crapped on (as much) for posting personal issues in there like if you'd post it in free for all.

I try to when possible.
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
mike... chill.. if you dont like what i have to say then dont talk to me... if you dont like how i titled the thread then dont leave a reply... i aint come on here to deal with yo negative ass i deal with that in real life enough...and dont speak for every1 else... speak for yourself ... WE aint said shit or have a problem with how i titled my thread... MIKE did.. and for the rest of the Yahookans.. I HOPE THAT I WOULD BE RIGHT IN SAYING THAT YOU DIDNT EVEN REMOTELY SHARE THAT FRAME OF MIND, and im sure you know this already but..... FYI ....FAM is just like saying dude, bro, homie, or whatever other slang or term ppl use to address other people in a non formal, laid back, casual environment... not literally meaning that i feel you are family, or want to be in your family... or literally mean you are my bro ect.. fam just a term we use where im from and i choose to use that word in my everyday conversation because i feel that word puts out more positive energy than the others... I feel it announces that im friendly and defines my intentions. Like when some1 says make your self at home.. they dont literally mean that shit ... cus if you like to leave shit and piss on ya toilet seat, fart in the middle of a setting, or other undesirable shit at home.. im sure they dont want that shit in their house.. just means i would like you to feel comfortable in my home... i dont address people with negative or racial slurs, i wouldnt what up to a woman and say "hey bitch", or walk up to any man of any racial ethnicity and drop the N bomb or any other racial shit... So in conclusion If yall feel like im being a lil too friendly or giving unwanted advice or sharing unwanted thoughts and opinions, and its only unwanted because you dont know me, or if you just tired of seeing me talking in the threads... by all means let me know.. or tell the administration, have them tell me.. i just talk to you guys because i figure thats the best way to allow you guys to get to know me and for me to get to know yall.. and it doesnt hurt to have a few more friends if you have room in your life for them...
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Yea .. it helped jester! it helped..lol...
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned YaHookan
 
Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: gulf islands bc
Posts: 11,790
Thanks: 2,255
Thanked 5,703 Times in 3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herban_kid View Post
mike... chill.. if you dont like what i have to say then dont talk to me... if you dont like how i titled the thread then dont leave a reply... i aint come on here to deal with yo negative ass i deal with that in real life enough...and dont speak for every1 else... speak for yourself ... WE aint said shit or have a problem with how i titled my thread... MIKE did.. and for the rest of the Yahookans.. I HOPE THAT I WOULD BE RIGHT IN SAYING THAT YOU DIDNT EVEN REMOTELY SHARE THAT FRAME OF MIND, and im sure you know this already but..... FYI ....FAM is just like saying dude, bro, homie, or whatever other slang or term ppl use to address other people in a non formal, laid back, casual environment... not literally meaning that i feel you are family, or want to be in your family... or literally mean you are my bro ect.. fam just a term we use where im from and i choose to use that word in my everyday conversation because i feel that word puts out more positive energy than the others... I feel it announces that im friendly and defines my intentions. Like when some1 says make your self at home.. they dont literally mean that shit ... cus if you like to leave shit and piss on ya toilet seat, fart in the middle of a setting, or other undesirable shit at home.. im sure they dont want that shit in their house.. just means i would like you to feel comfortable in my home... i dont address people with negative or racial slurs, i wouldnt what up to a woman and say "hey bitch", or walk up to any man of any racial ethnicity and drop the N bomb or any other racial shit... So in conclusion If yall feel like im being a lil too friendly or giving unwanted advice or sharing unwanted thoughts and opinions, and its only unwanted because you dont know me, or if you just tired of seeing me talking in the threads... by all means let me know.. or tell the administration, have them tell me.. i just talk to you guys because i figure thats the best way to allow you guys to get to know me and for me to get to know yall.. and it doesnt hurt to have a few more friends if you have room in your life for them...
wow dude, chill, maybe i just thought you were over reaching too quick too soon, my bad if all you wanted was some links to shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldizle View Post
damn mikey. very dramatic.
yup. some who's been here less then 30 days asks us where to find seeds and refers to us as his family, I over-reacted, my bad.
__________________
RIP Gov
RIP Budforce
RIP BurnerOfTrees

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
VHS Superstar
 
Jester4yall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,889
Thanks: 6,262
Thanked 3,256 Times in 2,158 Posts
???
Fuck this shit I'm out
__________________
Hero in my own movie
Jester4yall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester4yall For This Useful Post:
Pharm Girl (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
wow dude, chill, maybe i just thought you were over reaching too quick too soon, my bad if all you wanted was some links to shit

I know this is yall home, and this is more of a tight nit gathering of people, and trust me mikey i respect that. Thats why i got on here.. thought yall vibe was cool and trying to be apart of that didnt sound like a bad idea... and yes, all i wanted was a point in the right direction or general, or an actual site that was good to go to and dependable. I wasnt asking if you or any1 else can hook me up with personal person or send me something or nothing like that... i was talkin about the ones on the net that every1 can easily find if they type in seedbank. If me asking that was over reaching, then my bad and i wont be asking 4 much more... i have no problem knockin my head and making mistakes... those are the best teachers... but there are only 2 questions ive ever viewed as bad questions.... a question thats never answered , and a question thats never asked...


If you want to know whats down the path that you walk on... ask the man thats walking back!!!

Last edited by Sage Tree; 05-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Jester you silly man... yea i think imma just dump this whole thread ... im out too j/k
__________________
If you want to know whats down the path that you walk on... ask the man thats walking back
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
Farmer's Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 355
Thanks: 200
Thanked 633 Times in 216 Posts
My belief: All growers are part of the cannabis fellowship. The fellowship promotes love and good herb.

@mikey - If you find any seeds in some herb that you purchase, be it brown or green herb, plant the seeds. I started off this way. Just because the herb was badly grown or badly cured does not mean the genetics are bad. I started doing some controlled breeding, selecting good strong plants, and in a few years I ended up with some great plants. As time went by, I obtained different strains through friends and dispensaries. I continued breeding. My plants now have insane genetics that all outdoor growers would love.
Breeding is something that all cannabis growers should try. You will learn so much more about the plant...
Farmer's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer's Hat For This Useful Post:
Grieves (05-01-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Schizo
 
ki11a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: So. Fla
Posts: 3,369
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 288
Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,011 Posts
I've purchased from Nirvana and they are great.

Also, yeah I agree with Mikey.

We don't know you well; plus you are calling us fam, asking for seeds and then being like 'WHOA U GUYS HAVE A SOBRIETY AND RECOVERY SECTION OMGZ?!!!' doesn't go over too well
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ki11a is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ki11a For This Useful Post:
Mikey (04-30-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
ancientbongmaster
 
mothernature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,685
Thanks: 8,589
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,058 Posts
Ya'll just leave the new kid alone.
__________________
Sometimes sleep is the best revenge- Luke



BLACK LIVES MATTER


RESIST
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mothernature For This Useful Post:
adventure (05-01-2013), fenderbender (05-01-2013), Stonie Jo (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks killa, i appreciate the info, truly i do. i was just askin for an opinion.. and Big thanks to mother, i appreciate you showing a lil compassion/mercy for the noob! very nice of you ... and FYI , imma noob to growing from seed, im a noob to this site.. not to growing...

but to this statement i must reply

Quote:
Also, yeah I agree with Mikey
We don't know you well; plus you are calling us fam, asking for seeds and then being like 'WHOA U GUYS HAVE A SOBRIETY AND RECOVERY SECTION OMGZ?!!!' doesn't go over too well
Ok i can agree... ya dont know herban well.. thats fine..i get that.. but im not askin for ya address, can i date ya daughter, or to borrow your car man.... and i already explained the meaning and my use of the word "FAM"... if yall take that soooo deep to heart.. well aint much i can do about that... except use dude from here on out.. or just stop talkin...
and last but not least... and most importantly... because i think thats what the problem is right about now..... YOU COMPLETELY TOOK MY WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT ... especially with the whole sobriety remark.. that i dont appreciate because the way you say it makes me look like an ass...and its not the way i said it. or typed it for that much... I didnt say WHOOOO DUDE OMGZ LMAO, recovery section HA HA HA... no... if you read it correctly it should have not rubbed any1 the wrong way... unless you are over sensitive... i WASNT saying it took me by a surprise and was KINDA funny because it was a sobriety and recovery section... I was saying i didnt EXPECT to see it on here BECAUSE of what this site MAINLY represents... i say wats on my mind , i say it as respectfully as i can .. And again... im tryin to make convo.. throw different shit out there to talk about... so i can get to know you guys.. so sorry if i was the only person that didnt expect to see that and could find the humor in IT BEING ON THIS KIND OF SITE.... but i think i know enough bout you guys now.. thanks ...
__________________
If you want to know whats down the path that you walk on... ask the man thats walking back
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Snap into a Slim Jim!
 
Brand New Shoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 2,008
Thanks: 538
Thanked 552 Times in 270 Posts
Welcome to the Internet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo
You know, your mom is always my slave, i don't even ask her
LOOOOOL
Brand New Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
herban_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OH-10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 28
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Welcome to the Internet
lmao... yea thanks for reminding me where i was at brand new.. duh... after browsing sites for a day or two i picked this one.. figured this was the coolest, most laid back, and welcoming of the bunch.... but i forget... humans can only be human... and this is the internet... what was i thinkin.... lmao...
__________________
If you want to know whats down the path that you walk on... ask the man thats walking back
herban_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hero of the Internet
 
Snowmayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,950
Thanks: 958
Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herban_kid View Post
mike... chill.. if you dont like what i have to say then dont talk to me... if you dont like how i titled the thread then dont leave a reply... i aint come on here to deal with yo negative ass i deal with that in real life enough...and dont speak for every1 else... speak for yourself ... WE aint said shit or have a problem with how i titled my thread... MIKE did.. and for the rest of the Yahookans.. I HOPE THAT I WOULD BE RIGHT IN SAYING THAT YOU DIDNT EVEN REMOTELY SHARE THAT FRAME OF MIND, and im sure you know this already but..... FYI ....FAM is just like saying dude, bro, homie, or whatever other slang or term ppl use to address other people in a non formal, laid back, casual environment... not literally meaning that i feel you are family, or want to be in your family... or literally mean you are my bro ect.. fam just a term we use where im from and i choose to use that word in my everyday conversation because i feel that word puts out more positive energy than the others... I feel it announces that im friendly and defines my intentions. Like when some1 says make your self at home.. they dont literally mean that shit ... cus if you like to leave shit and piss on ya toilet seat, fart in the middle of a setting, or other undesirable shit at home.. im sure they dont want that shit in their house.. just means i would like you to feel comfortable in my home... i dont address people with negative or racial slurs, i wouldnt what up to a woman and say "hey bitch", or walk up to any man of any racial ethnicity and drop the N bomb or any other racial shit... So in conclusion If yall feel like im being a lil too friendly or giving unwanted advice or sharing unwanted thoughts and opinions, and its only unwanted because you dont know me, or if you just tired of seeing me talking in the threads... by all means let me know.. or tell the administration, have them tell me.. i just talk to you guys because i figure thats the best way to allow you guys to get to know me and for me to get to know yall.. and it doesnt hurt to have a few more friends if you have room in your life for them...
wat
__________________
We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "


☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

I lash out because no one seems to be honest except for geeno and snowmayne.
Snowmayne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowmayne For This Useful Post:
herban_kid (05-01-2013)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design