YaHooka Forums

YaHooka Forums (
-   Governor's/Ken Gorman Tribute Forum (
-   -   Ken Gorman Channel 9 Thread ( 09-03-2009 07:57 PM

Ken Gorman Channel 9 Thread
New article posted today. | Colorado's Online News Leader | Marijuana activist's death still unsolved

Canuck Wisdom 09-03-2009 08:50 PM

The article doesn't mention the local television station that tried their hardest to 'out' him as some sort of evil drug dealer, publicly advertising his grow op, what was it, less than a week before his murder?

He made a thread about it.

Mydriasis 09-03-2009 08:51 PM

Rest in peace Ken. You aren't forgotten! 09-03-2009 09:00 PM

From In Memory of Ken Gorman : Ken Gorman Memorial


Gorman was something of a paradox in his community. Described as an “outspoken advocate for legalizing marijuana,” he attracted a great deal of attention from people on both sides of the issue. His activities made him something of a local celebrity.In fact, only days before he was murdered, a local television station CBS4 Denver aired a piece on Gorman and his medical marijauna operations. Many people who support the legalization of marijuana identify Gorman as a caring and compassionate individual who supported their cause. At the time of his death, Gorman served as the primary caregiver for several patients whose physicians recommend the use of medical marijuana to alleviate certain debilitating medical conditions. In that role, he grew marijuana plants in his home.

Sage Tree 09-03-2009 09:12 PM

Cheers Gov! Your legend lives! 09-03-2009 09:17 PM

Here is email that I got from someone that found Ken via twitter 2 weeks ago:


Ken Gorman was my caregiver when I was living in Golden, Colorado (2004-2005). I am in shock just now learning about his death. I live in Springfield Mo at this time and would like to become an activist in this state that has yet to decriminalize and wanted Ken's advice. To see the report of his murder is so unsettling, so shocking as I had and have the deepest respect for this wonderful man.

When I first met Ken I must admit I was scared of medicinal marijuana. He was so well read and was able to scientifically break it down to where I was able to understand what to expect . Having been prescribed so many opiates I found that the marijuana helped so much I no longer needed break through medication and I was able to walk and do many things I hadn't been able o do in years, due to 4 spinal surgeries. What a man he was! I am so saddened to hear this news and ask if there is anyone who would be able to guide me in becoming more active in the state of MO. if there are existing groups here in Springfield. I have written to the President, senate leaders ans well as representatives without any progress. All that I can say is after reading about Ken's passing it would be my honor to step forward in his memory.



al-Mu'akhkhir 09-06-2009 01:45 AM

salaam alaykhum ken.

-StashBastard- 09-06-2009 11:48 PM

I was one of Kens friends and a patient as well.

I knew him for many, many years before he became my caregiver. Meeting him once a month on the capital steps for rally's and smoke outs is something I will never forget.

He is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I miss him so much still.

I don't come to Yahooka much anymore because I start thinking about him every day again and its upsetting. I still have PM's here in my acct from him.

I left his house an hour before I heard his death announced on the radio.

I was one of his last patients of the day and I believe I smoked his last bowl with him...ever.

Here is a picture of a bud from the last sack I got from Ken. I smoked it with some of the people at one of Kens memorials.

Mikey 09-12-2009 07:00 PM

i really miss ken.
you dont see one human being making that much of an effort / difference in the world anymore

rip gov

-StashBastard- 09-17-2009 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by Canuck Wisdom (Post 51810733)
The article doesn't mention the local television station that tried their hardest to 'out' him as some sort of evil drug dealer, publicly advertising his grow op, what was it, less than a week before his murder?

He made a thread about it.

I believe this is the same station that you are talking about.

But Ken wasn't bothered too much by that. He could turn any publicity around and make it work for him.

That's exactly what he did with the interview.

Rather than just quickly escaping the cameras like most people would want to do, Ken would stand there and talk to them blinding them with facts and knowledge until they couldn't take any more and turn the cameras off.

Ken could have just done a street interview like the new station planned. He invited them to come to his house and see his operation.

Ken was a man on a mission like I have never seen before and he wanted the publicity the news gave him.

I don't think the news station had anything to do with his death.

Ken was all ready being target by criminals for months before this interview.

First they started breaking in, kicking down his doors when he wasn't home stealing marijuana.

Then they started coming when he was home and robbing him of all his weed and cash at gunpoint.

His doors had been repaired over and over.

He had some workmen come in one day while I was there and work on strengthening his doors. He even had them set it up with the metal slots on each side of the door where you slide a 2x4 across the door to keep it from being kicked down.

He was robbed around 10 times all together before they killed him.

Greed killed ken.

And I'm going to tell you guys something most people don't know.

Ken died because he got fed up and decided to fight back.

The night Ken died was the first time I saw him with guns. He had a 12 gauge shotgun under his coffee table in the living room and a handgun he was concealing.

He told me he wasn't going to let them take his patients medicine again.

I shook his hand for the last time as I was leaving and told him I was worried about him. I asked him to be careful and told him to call me if he needed anything. I also told him he could stay at my place if he needed somewhere safe to go.

He patted me on the back on my way out the door and said not to worry he would be fine.

45 minutes later was pronounced dead at the hospital.

I think they were waiting out side watching for me to leave.

They killed him for about 3 lbs and $2000.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2