YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > Helpful Buds > Guidance And Support
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Guidance And Support Questions and issues of a serious nature including health, medicinal cannabis use, personal issues, relationship issues, communication problems, parenting, cross-generational issues, problems with parents, giving up and overcoming obstacles.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Do Not Resuscitate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,698
Thanks: 817
Thanked 421 Times in 291 Posts
So my mental disorder make me uncredable? You would think that because I'm still normal today I'd be a valid resource if anyone else. I get what your saying, but my life is far from normal. My genetic displacement dicked me over, and so did the course of actions I've taken in my life(lot's of physical and mental stress). I doubt PositiveVibez is in that large of an off-set.

I know people who have simply done cocaine then a week later tried to burn and had panic attacks. It's all about mind-set. Repeatidly not dealing with stress in your life will make your crazier then cannabis ever could.
Mydriasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: home
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 556
Thanked 376 Times in 290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydriasis View Post
I know people who have simply done cocaine then a week later tried to burn and had panic attacks. It's all about mind-set. Repeatidly not dealing with stress in your life will make your crazier then cannabis ever could.
Psychology is far from black and white... Just because you're schizophrenic doesn't mean your opinion is unaccredited. To quote John F. Nash, "As a crazy person looking at other crazy people, you always want to believe that you, yourself are not crazy." Nash was crazy as hell and he obtained a Nobel prize for his work in game theory..

All I'm saying is that if I were him (the op) I wouldn't "play with my sanity". From the sound of it, the amount of mental and physical distress he experiences from smoking pot indicate to me that he's headed down a very slippery path.

To reiterate: STOP SMOKING WEED.
al-Mu'akhkhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Derp?
 
fenderbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 12,089
Thanks: 22,255
Thanked 6,864 Times in 3,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibez View Post
Ehh, life for me has been stressful, but not as stressful as it once had been. Even then i could smoke and forget about my problems! Now, its just like... do i really want to smoke? No i dont think think so....

The last time i smoked weed was 2 days ago, maybe about 3 blunts total throughout the day. I was with my best friend, her brother and his friend. I began to get anti - social, and couldnt think of anything worth saying. I felt as if when i opened my mouth, i was going to say something gay, and they would laugh at me. I absolutely cannot be around alot of people when im high, i just start to freak out and wanting to get away. I want to be a thousand miles away.... It kinda makes me mad that weed makes me feel this way. If im only thinking about one thing that stresses me out a little bit, after i smoke, it will turn into a million things that stress me out. I worry about things. Its crazy.

Soo.. i'm going to smoke me a J tonight before i go to bed... and i know im going to freak out...


dude you just smoked three blunts and you got paranoid and anxious...

thats odd?
shit happens when you get real high.

dont smoke as much and stop working yourself up and convincing yourself that your gonna have a "bad trip" everytime you blaze.

smoke small amounts of weed and relax
__________________
<3
fenderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenderbender For This Useful Post:
C_ka (06-17-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In The Clouds
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Its not that big of a problem.
I just want to be able to enjoy being high and not be consumed by my thoughts.
PositiveVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Decade Yahookan
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ohio River Valley
Posts: 3,541
Thanks: 348
Thanked 534 Times in 354 Posts
maybe you should stop thinking about being high and do things to keep your mind occupied.
i enjoy going out to the shed take a few rips jump on the tractor and mow the lawn or i have a garden so i like going out there and diggin around..whatever. get stoned and paint a room in your house...shit like that can be fun if you let it.
Kishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Derp?
 
fenderbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 12,089
Thanks: 22,255
Thanked 6,864 Times in 3,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibez View Post
Its not that big of a problem.
I just want to be able to enjoy being high and not be consumed by my thoughts.

dude thats basically what being high is


either dont get THAT high, or mabey smokin the herb aint for you
__________________
<3
fenderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenderbender For This Useful Post:
C_ka (06-17-2009)
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Reelin' in the Years
 
Psilocychosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Long and Winding Road
Posts: 759
Thanks: 25
Thanked 56 Times in 47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibez View Post
Theres sorta a bunch of things bugging me.
And yeah i know what you mean about living in a small town, as do i.
You should address these issues that are bothering you before you light up again. Smoking is not usually going to rid you of your issues, they are there, and still very prevalent. Get a hold of your life my friend, from there its will all improve. For now, I would quit. Its not worth the struggle, like HFB said, not worth playing with your sanity.
__________________
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind. -Humphrey Bogart

Psilocychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In The Clouds
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Well, like i said, i dont smoke as much as i used to.
It was an everyday thing for me. I didnt slow down because it was making me mentally unstable, i did it because everyday i would feel tired and run down. I only smoke about 2-3 times a week now. I guess the problem is that i think way to much. I just need to let go and chill out is all. It isnt like im smoking 2-3 blunts all together, today i only smoked a Joint with my friend. It was some different bud, and i didnt get nervous or paranoid. I guess it could be the bud i was smoking, because my dealer gets the same shit all the time and im pretty much sick of it.
PositiveVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Decade Yahookan
 
dubtrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 925
Thanks: 98
Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
sit at home, smoke a lil jay and play a video game... do this every once in a while and eventually you'll grow back the high tolerance that you had; if thats what you really want.
dubtrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In The Clouds
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Ima chick, i dont like video games that much.
PositiveVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Decade Yahookan
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ohio River Valley
Posts: 3,541
Thanks: 348
Thanked 534 Times in 354 Posts
^pics or i call bs.
Kishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Decade Yahookan
 
dubtrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 925
Thanks: 98
Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveVibez View Post
Ima chick, i dont like video games that much.
well then your pretty much screwed... hey that brings up another idea!

idk, you gotta do something that stimulates your mind and requires you to focus, keep your thoughts away from the shakes and paranoia, draw, write or do something fun
dubtrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Derp?
 
fenderbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 12,089
Thanks: 22,255
Thanked 6,864 Times in 3,937 Posts
or postin nudes on yahooka...

that allways gets me focused and less paranoid
__________________
<3
fenderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
YaHookan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In The Clouds
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
You can forget about the nude pics.
PositiveVibez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Do Not Resuscitate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,698
Thanks: 817
Thanked 421 Times in 291 Posts
if only nude pictures had ANYTHING to do with someones well-being. Back to the support.

So PositiveVibez, how's life in general? any better or worse? any new clarity? How is the smoking situation now? Any improvement/deprovement(made up word deal with it)?

I don't like the advice that you aren't smoking enough. Because freaking out to some degree is the benefit of spiritual cannabis use. However for medical use or a linear life then either constantly smoke or don't smoke. But doesn't that almost kill the fun of being stoned?
(IME)
When I used to smoke everyday all day at all costs, after a couple months or so I forgot what was stoned and what was sober. Not to say I couldn't feel the effect of a fat bong rip, but it lost it's magic with me. I like to treasure the weed that comes into my possession. I do understand most people aren't like me.

Have you tried meditation of any sort yet? If not, don't be discouraged by the fact that you don't know the classical practice of meditation. There's no right or wrong way to find peace beyond language . Only you know the key to get your conscious state at a zen, nirvana. Even if you just sit down for a half hour(eyes shut) and think about things from a different perspective that can be very beneficial to your overall well-being which could help get you more comfortable in your own skin.

I'm a big thinker too. In fact I spend most of my time thinking about crazy thing's when or when I'm not stoned. If your thinking fast while cannabis is flipping your thought directions at an even faster pace, then the best analogy I can think of would be: the difference between dropping a marble into a cup of water verses hurling hot coals into a cup of water. It's unmanagable, dangerous feeling, and senseless. You need to get your "I'm high" mind-state to be your (1).unwinding time, or (2)you need to adapt to the exploration your mind is doing. So my reccomendations would be:
1:Unwinding time
-Try smoking towards night time, with someone to talk to or interact with in some way(aka a pleasant distraction).
so if people geek you out, try to avoid too many of them, or at least the wrong ones.
-Pleasant distraction could be meditation, reading a book, watching comedies, drawing, listening to music that isn't to insane(even if it's generally out of your musical appetite).
2:Exploration
- When you hit that point where you say "I'm freaking out" or "shit somethings wrong", you need to learn how to quiet that voice from your stoned mind. Remember you have total control of your mind, even though sometimes when your stoned it feels like a big ball or WTF, haha.
- As I said before weed is an amplifier. Of everything(think about how bright the sun is when your baked, or how AWESOME cookies are, or your favorite jam). Same thing with little irky thoughts your may have in your head such as "Do these people like me?", "Do I sound stupid?". You gotta just let it flow and either ride it out and be-little them by combatting them with thought's like "This is stupid and irrational lolz". Re-realize your REAL surroundings "Shit I'm just on my front porch, why am I bugging out?". Then find your control zone, think of something that always interests you(if you like math freshen up on some mental math w/e boats your float dude). Don't always ask why, just change the topic, or find a resolution. Have you ever practiced lucid dreaming? It's very similar to life, and especially stoned life .

- Quick Question! Before a freak out, while your smoking do you ever catch yourself saying "I'm about to get REALLY high" or anything like that? That used to be a big tip off for me to prepare myself to get ready to battle silly exaggerated thoughts.

Your probably like "why does someone named after pupil dilation give a shit about whether I am comfortable when I'm high or not?" Well I just know the joys cannabis can give to people, and I know the worm-hole it can throw you through to get to them. I believe it's in my duty to share whatever real knowledge I've obtained in my life to anyone who may be able to use it. So hopefully I'm helping, if not, I'm not hurt .

Recently I've seen a 200 pound wrestling coach smoke a bong and had a black-out panic attack(he's a frequent smoker too). Weeds a crazy little thing. But your definately not alone.

& <3 & sorry to write an epic post

Last edited by Mydriasis; 06-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Mydriasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Jedi High Council
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 2,930
Thanks: 1,215
Thanked 812 Times in 583 Posts
Quit for a month, let your body chill out. And if paranoia is the problem, you just gotta learn to not give a fuck, my boss stares me right in the eyes every morning, and I know my eyes are red. And most of all you gotta make weed yo' bitch, take control of your high, make it what you want it to be. And dont worry about your heart rofl its not going to explode or anything.
Qui-Bong Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Reelin' in the Years
 
Psilocychosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Long and Winding Road
Posts: 759
Thanks: 25
Thanked 56 Times in 47 Posts
How is this coming along my friend?
__________________
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind. -Humphrey Bogart

Psilocychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: home
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 556
Thanked 376 Times in 290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydriasis View Post
if only nude pictures had ANYTHING to do with someones well-being. Back to the support.

So PositiveVibez, how's life in general? any better or worse? any new clarity? How is the smoking situation now? Any improvement/deprovement(made up word deal with it)?

I don't like the advice that you aren't smoking enough. Because freaking out to some degree is the benefit of spiritual cannabis use. However for medical use or a linear life then either constantly smoke or don't smoke. But doesn't that almost kill the fun of being stoned?
(IME)
When I used to smoke everyday all day at all costs, after a couple months or so I forgot what was stoned and what was sober. Not to say I couldn't feel the effect of a fat bong rip, but it lost it's magic with me. I like to treasure the weed that comes into my possession. I do understand most people aren't like me.

Have you tried meditation of any sort yet? If not, don't be discouraged by the fact that you don't know the classical practice of meditation. There's no right or wrong way to find peace beyond language . Only you know the key to get your conscious state at a zen, nirvana. Even if you just sit down for a half hour(eyes shut) and think about things from a different perspective that can be very beneficial to your overall well-being which could help get you more comfortable in your own skin.

I'm a big thinker too. In fact I spend most of my time thinking about crazy thing's when or when I'm not stoned. If your thinking fast while cannabis is flipping your thought directions at an even faster pace, then the best analogy I can think of would be: the difference between dropping a marble into a cup of water verses hurling hot coals into a cup of water. It's unmanagable, dangerous feeling, and senseless. You need to get your "I'm high" mind-state to be your (1).unwinding time, or (2)you need to adapt to the exploration your mind is doing. So my reccomendations would be:
1:Unwinding time
-Try smoking towards night time, with someone to talk to or interact with in some way(aka a pleasant distraction).
so if people geek you out, try to avoid too many of them, or at least the wrong ones.
-Pleasant distraction could be meditation, reading a book, watching comedies, drawing, listening to music that isn't to insane(even if it's generally out of your musical appetite).
2:Exploration
- When you hit that point where you say "I'm freaking out" or "shit somethings wrong", you need to learn how to quiet that voice from your stoned mind. Remember you have total control of your mind, even though sometimes when your stoned it feels like a big ball or WTF, haha.
- As I said before weed is an amplifier. Of everything(think about how bright the sun is when your baked, or how AWESOME cookies are, or your favorite jam). Same thing with little irky thoughts your may have in your head such as "Do these people like me?", "Do I sound stupid?". You gotta just let it flow and either ride it out and be-little them by combatting them with thought's like "This is stupid and irrational lolz". Re-realize your REAL surroundings "Shit I'm just on my front porch, why am I bugging out?". Then find your control zone, think of something that always interests you(if you like math freshen up on some mental math w/e boats your float dude). Don't always ask why, just change the topic, or find a resolution. Have you ever practiced lucid dreaming? It's very similar to life, and especially stoned life .

- Quick Question! Before a freak out, while your smoking do you ever catch yourself saying "I'm about to get REALLY high" or anything like that? That used to be a big tip off for me to prepare myself to get ready to battle silly exaggerated thoughts.

Your probably like "why does someone named after pupil dilation give a shit about whether I am comfortable when I'm high or not?" Well I just know the joys cannabis can give to people, and I know the worm-hole it can throw you through to get to them. I believe it's in my duty to share whatever real knowledge I've obtained in my life to anyone who may be able to use it. So hopefully I'm helping, if not, I'm not hurt .

Recently I've seen a 200 pound wrestling coach smoke a bong and had a black-out panic attack(he's a frequent smoker too). Weeds a crazy little thing. But your definately not alone.

& <3 & sorry to write an epic post
please please please please if you decide to listen to someone in this thread DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY.
al-Mu'akhkhir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to al-Mu'akhkhir For This Useful Post:
Mydriasis (06-17-2009)
Old 06-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Do Not Resuscitate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,698
Thanks: 817
Thanked 421 Times in 291 Posts
Your breaking my <3 here, but if that's the consensus. Dip-set, and good-luck!
Mydriasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #40 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 81
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Similar problem

I have experienced the same issue and have been workin it for the last 2 years. As A kid, I smoked everyday, all day. Wake and Bake was my norm. Several ounces a week was easy. I smoked everyday for maybe 9-10 years? I quit for 10 years or so? Then tried to go back. Everytime, I had joint or bong hit I'd get racy pulse, feeling like I was having a heart attack although if I looked close I was only "feeling" like that, it wasnt reality. My pulse was fine. After reading all I could it seems to be in the anxiety attack area. I have no life issues. I'm not particularly anxious about things in general, I own my own home so surroundings are not it. I am an older guy just looking to smoke a bowl on occasion. I have tried 10-15 different varieties all with essentially the same results (even the magic Strawberry cough). What I have concluded from reading the different online resources is my body must have developed an "allergic" type reaction. For some mysterious reason this can happen as we age and not with just pot. I can eat cookies and as long as I am careful I seem to tolerate that. One bong hit can set me off. Even though the symptoms are "fake" They are uncomfortable so I have 2 choices, stop or just be real careful. I am going to continue to try different varieties. Sure it's sad, but we cant fight mother nature. Maybe your problem is different. I fought believing that I had developed this allergic thing for a long time. Most comments say, its your surroundings, your mental state, too strong, just think uhmmmmmmmmm and it will all be fine..I only wish it were that simple. Just my 2 cents. Maybe after it is decriminalized someone will be able to do a study on this and get to the roots on whats the real issue is. Until then, cookies are the way to go for me.... Good Luck in your travels.
roldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design