YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Higher Thoughts
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Higher Thoughts A comfortable place where we can freely exchange and co-mingle our thoughts, ideas, interests, imaginations, energies, talents, and visions. This forum is for well thought out and meaningful discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
¯\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/¯
 
Grieves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 22,769
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 10,520
Thanked 13,368 Times in 6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
The worst part about death is when your bowels completely relax and you poop everywhere.

The greatest dump of your life and you don't get the sweet sweet relief of it.
Life is just a tight asshole
__________________
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


tyrannical apathy
militant ignorance
recreational outrage
free lunch felon
prosperity gospel
predatory delay
aggravated boredom
sonic dysentery
what is your god trying to prove
Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #102 (permalink)
KONERS!
 
turmaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 9,399
Thanks: 5,042
Thanked 9,644 Times in 4,499 Posts
Or a "box" of chocolates.
__________________
BONERZ!


"I browse at work. If some nerd had a problem with dicks I'd stare him in the eyes then magnify the picture in question without saying a word."

"Shit is cash I love to lose myself to narrative while simultaneously soaking in nature and watching the frogs bang."
__________________
Terry


"NCC: A Cautionary Tale of Condoms and Crises", OR "YOLO: Ballsack Barnacles & Babies"

silverleaf
turmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turmaline For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (07-11-2015), Grieves (07-11-2015), Sir-Ex (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #103 (permalink)
Derp?
 
fenderbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 12,060
Thanks: 22,074
Thanked 6,837 Times in 3,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
The worst part about death is when your bowels completely relax and you poop everywhere.

The greatest dump of your life and you don't get the sweet sweet relief of it.
Fucking lold
__________________
<3
fenderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #104 (permalink)
Old School
 
Dimdim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishDude View Post
How did you get into a hypnotic state like that? Did you do it yourself, or did someone help you go into it and you went into it? Were you sober, or on drugs at the time?
I was totally sober and a mediator helped me throu.
Dimdim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #105 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieves View Post
The Rev gets really touchy when he is trying to spam the ideas that he presents in his shitty book...His comments have been a chore to read because of his stubbornness...

It's like when he goes on and on about there not being free will, and how the idea is destructive or some shit...
Yeah, if he really says so (does he?) he is wrong, everything exists and hence there is "free will"... in your and other people's imagination!
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi

Last edited by roll; 10-29-2015 at 01:48 AM.
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 AM   #106 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
One of the things I've learned spending so much time in the forest is that death really doesn't exist. It's just life. That's all there is.

First off, no one has actually ever been dead. Sure, we all know of people who have died, but they aren't being dead. There's no experience of being dead at all, and experience is reality. All you ever experience is being alive. It's all anyone ever experiences.

There is a renewal of biological material that is observed, of course, but that is just part of the life cycle. Life feeds itself in a constant process of refreshment. All the dead people, supposedly residing somewhere in the past, are really part of other living things right now, and not being dead at all.

And that's the thing: the only reason it seems like there are dead ones and living ones is because we make the mistake of thinking the Universe is populated by all these separate things, and isn't one giant integrated thing in itself, which it actually is. There's really only one expression of energy, infinitely differentiated and differentiating in new and novel ways: an endless process of living, and that's it.



The Rev
Everything exists! "death" exists in the imagination and as a word, right there as the third word of my reply!

"life" and "death"... both imaginary!

only Love/ Consciousness transcend "death", everything else is recycled! so I think you're spot on.

Anyway I haven't experienced any of what you say, but it makes sense to me... even though different words/ approach can't say I read it here first, though ,
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:49 AM   #107 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziplockv2 View Post
Logic.

There is something.

Something cannot come from nothing.

Therefore, something has to have always existed.

It'd be reasonable to assume then that "nothing" does not exist. There is no state of "nothing", there is always has been and always will be "something." Question: Can we think of any legitimate example of "nothing"? I have failed to do so.

The "life" around us is cyclical, be born, organize, configure, decay, die, fuel birth of a new. Biological evolution on this planet has seemed almost preprogrammed to strive for levels of conscious recognition. There has always been something. Consciousness and awareness would be a part of that something.

Therefore, could we then say, that through our physical instruments we are then striving for conscious integration into this world? "In his image" could have nothing to do with the physical body but instead refer to the purely conscious. We endevuer in the arts, in the creative, and is that not in the image of the creator?

What's your definition of God? For me, God is the totality of all existence. To me, it makes complete sense that this totality would be conscious, conscious of all things. Our perspective, while seeming our own, is really just one, universally shared point of view. We are all part of the whole. We are all part of the totality of existence. Biology and the constructs of the body, in hindsight of these assumptions, is insignificant. It's the consciousness, truly, that is of value. Our individual being and relation to one another, is of value.

Etc etc onto speculations infinite and inconcievable.
Yep, There is no'thing' to 'not' exist! nothing is ever "created"! Spot on!

"nothing" can only exists as a word, but there is no "thing" that one can imagine for it! therefore: There is no'thing' to 'not' exist!

Most one can do is methaporically saying one can feel "empty" and that is "nothing" but it really is something, deep sadness seems to me.

It's why in my perspective it's best to say: "not anything" instead of "nothing" i.e.: What are you doing? "not anything!" Makes a whole lot of more sense! how can one be "doing" "nothing"?? impossible!
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:57 AM   #108 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneric View Post
God made hitler.
God didn't "made" anything. In fact Hitler is a perspective of God, or in other words: he too is God

So yeah, God can be an asshole , I think he probably was to Hitler! given he is/was one. Remember: "One doesn't see the world as itis, one sees it as one is"
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:05 AM   #109 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Ex View Post
... maybe? Maybe that could be so?


I don't understand how you can say these things as if they are how things truly are.
Perhaps he has experienced it? and therefore needs not to "believe" anymore?

Besides, I fail to see where in his post The Rev said that that what he said is 100% true...care to point it out? Seems to me you're the one putting that "weight" on him. Even though I agree with his perspective and makes sense to me.

What he is saying (in my perspective) actually is that the sum of all perspectives, including yours.. would make the 100% true. which makes sense to me.

Remember: "for every perspective there's an equal opposite perspective" 1st Law of Soul Dynamics!
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:08 AM   #110 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
Consciousness is a constant, like existence.
The Rev
I'd say that consciousness and existence are one and the same but I think I understand what you tried to say.
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:16 AM   #111 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Ex View Post
What is the underlying rationale?


I don't have a problem with any of your ideas, I get the feeling there might be certain truth to some of it, yet I want to know how you came to the idea, and maybe more importantly, how you are able to treat it as a belief as opposed to the sort of thing I have with everything, which is more of an inclination toward certain possibilities.
Oh you want "proof"?? but can you "prove" that what The Rev is saying can't be true?? can you "prove" that consciousness doesn't remains after "death"? of course you can't!

But of course the burden of proof if always "on the other guy!"not you!

Besides

1.- The Rev never claimedto hold 100% true
2.- He never claimed to have "proof"

"Proof" is impossible! it's impossible to "prove" that anything doesn't exist!

Scientifically speaking and forgetting about "proof" and focusing on evidence, though: Can you at least show evidence of an itch you're experiencing?? Nope.

Yet you are sure you experience it, you don't "believe" in your itch, you know it's the real deal, yet can't show evidence of it to the rest of us. Capicce?

In any case I'd say the evidence of consciousness is self-evident, If I'm correct I think even Quantum Physics concludes there's consciousness "behind" "matter". Just as the evidence of Unconditional Love's existence, it's easy to tell because of the symptoms on the Souls that have experienced them.

Seems to me your "rationality" may be getting in the way of you from gaining perspective, remember: it's not about "thinking outside of the box" because thought it's the box!

You say you want to know how The Rev came to the idea... He isn't pushing his "beliefs" onto you! Big difference! Besides I suspect The Rev himself do not believe in any thing even if he may not know it yet, on the contrary you may "believe" that he has "beliefs" and furthermore that he claimed to hold 100% true which as far as I can see he never did!

"Exterminate all "rational" thought" - William S. Burroughs
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi

Last edited by roll; 10-29-2015 at 01:33 AM.
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #112 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Ex View Post
Well if you can't just take my word for what my intentions were, I think that's your problem. I've got no reason to be deceitful - you presented your idea as true and I chose to attack that manner of presentation in a way I saw fitting. You disagree with my approach, that's fair, I can't hold that against you.


Though perhaps you should be prepared for a backlash when you start throwing around words like "proves" and "impossible" in a public forum where at least one member takes the scientific process to heart?
hahaha If I read the thread again it was you the first that throwed them! and there are impossible things to do! like "proving" the existence or non existence of anything! yet there is evidence of existence! right here! but no evidence of "non-existence" which unles I am mistaken I think was the point if The Rev in his first post here!

It was you the one that disagreed with The Rev and then tried to "prove" him "wrong" when he never claimed to hold 100% true or even tried to "prove" anything! and of course you didn't "prove" him "wrong" either! Because "proving" any thing is scientifically and philosopically impossible!

Love has no intentions!
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:04 AM   #113 (permalink)
Old School
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: México City
Posts: 172
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Anyway, people. Just think on the implications that we're all one. That means one is really fucking oneself when one has sex! XD
__________________
"Your task is not to seek for Love but merelyto seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you've built against it" - Rumi
roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:12 AM   #114 (permalink)
Life is Subtext
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Samsara
Posts: 25,265
Thanks: 14,905
Thanked 11,458 Times in 5,548 Posts
Resurrecting the "Death" thread can't be lucky.



The Rev
__________________


Budforce - My Friend
August 29, 1973- May 25, 2012


The Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:00 AM   #115 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Based on the quality of that joke, this thread has reincarnated into a lesser being.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design