YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Multimedia And Technology
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Multimedia And Technology A place to discuss TV, movies, games, graphics, art, computers, technology, the internet and more.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
I am different
 
Being's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 4,447
Thanks: 1,640
Thanked 887 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post

(in the end of the day i would like to be able to play diablo 3)
this.



Newegg.com

Get an i5 or i7 for sure though, you will not be disappointed. srsly.
__________________
R.I.P. Gov

Quote:
but I do show—thanks to a lot of in-depth interviews with GOP sources—how they plotted to obstruct Obama before he even took office. I show how the stimulus was chock full of stuff they claimed to support until Jan. 20, 2009—not just things like health IT and the smart grid and energy efficiency and scientific research, but the very idea of Keynesian stimulus. Every presidential candidate in 2008 proposed a stimulus package, and Mitt Romney’s was the largest.
Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
Im pretty sure I'm just going to start from the ground up and build myself a desktop. Budsniffer, i didnt even think about parts and compatibility... ive just been trying to mentally list all the elements I'd need...

Tower box
Power supply
Fan
Motherboard
CD/dvd drive
USB ports
Graphics card
Sound card
Hard drive
Network card...

idk what else but damn this is already sounding more difficult than i had imagined!
Link 1-

Link 2- HowStuffWorks "How to Build a Computer"

I did it as a retarded kid at 13, you can figure it out. just be careful with parts, dont force anything into anything, and educate yourself before you fuck with anything and you'll be fine.

building your own computer is great, you form a sentimental bond with this inanimate piece of machinery, its almost like having a sex-bot.
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Keezheekoni
 
Geeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scam City
Posts: 30,718
Thanks: 4,802
Thanked 10,315 Times in 4,893 Posts
thanks for the vid... but i cant hear anything!

I downloaded some driver that windows said would help, but it also had notifications saying my soundcard isnt supported in windows vista (which is bullshit as i have had vista before).

I'm trying to run through my receiver via a y cable... works when i hook the ipod up, but not when i plug it into the headphone jack on the desktop.

and its SoundMax integrated digital audio
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
i've struck the absolute perfect balance between gay and smart

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Geeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bush Regenerator
 
Cerebro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: White Plume Mountain
Posts: 4,448
Thanks: 543
Thanked 741 Times in 539 Posts
When i'm building a tower i usually start with the motherboard and cpu
Since you're looking for bang for buck i'd go with an I3 processor
that will need a H55 chipset on the motherboard, the I5 processor also uses H55 so you can buy a cheap I5 in 12m to upgrade speed.
I like ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards
You should look into whether the graphics are integrated, or GeForce etc
You may want future memory expansion slots
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_Sanity View Post
Whatever...I still think we're aliens morphed with apes.
Cerebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Keezheekoni
 
Geeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scam City
Posts: 30,718
Thanks: 4,802
Thanked 10,315 Times in 4,893 Posts
Ive always gone non integrated with graphics, since that was more important for me to potentially upgrade than sound.

Right now the desktop is on something like update 30 out of 57 for windows

Before I did the shutdown to update, I had vague memories of previous windows installs that involved restart after restart all in the name of updates.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
i've struck the absolute perfect balance between gay and smart

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Geeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeno View Post
thanks for the vid... but i cant hear anything!

I downloaded some driver that windows said would help, but it also had notifications saying my soundcard isnt supported in windows vista (which is bullshit as i have had vista before).

I'm trying to run through my receiver via a y cable... works when i hook the ipod up, but not when i plug it into the headphone jack on the desktop.

and its SoundMax integrated digital audio
sometimes a simple google search can do it

"your motherboard" "windows vista" audio drivers

how to get "your motherboard" audio drivers working in vista

etc

old drivers + vista is a fucking nightmare though, good luck. i had to downgrade my new laptops OS from vista to XP cuz of that issue.
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
check out these specials as well, might find some good deals around the holiday

Intel Barebone, Intel Barebones, Intel Barebone Computer System Kits, Intel Barebone Kits at TigerDirect.com

barebones kits can be nice if you are looking to save a few bucks

all you need then is a vid card and sound card and you can spend as much or as little as u want on those
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
I am different
 
Being's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 4,447
Thanks: 1,640
Thanked 887 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
I did it as a retarded kid at 13, you can figure it out. just be careful with parts, dont force anything into anything, and educate yourself before you fuck with anything and you'll be fine.

building your own computer is great, you form a sentimental bond with this inanimate piece of machinery, its almost like having a sex-bot.
this.

just dont be stupid and everything will be alright.
__________________
R.I.P. Gov

Quote:
but I do show—thanks to a lot of in-depth interviews with GOP sources—how they plotted to obstruct Obama before he even took office. I show how the stimulus was chock full of stuff they claimed to support until Jan. 20, 2009—not just things like health IT and the smart grid and energy efficiency and scientific research, but the very idea of Keynesian stimulus. Every presidential candidate in 2008 proposed a stimulus package, and Mitt Romney’s was the largest.
Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Keezheekoni
 
Geeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scam City
Posts: 30,718
Thanks: 4,802
Thanked 10,315 Times in 4,893 Posts
^that could be difficult

But yeah this sound thing is grinding my gears. I tried the motherboard thing and its not had positive results. oh well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
i've struck the absolute perfect balance between gay and smart

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Geeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Bush Regenerator
 
Cerebro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: White Plume Mountain
Posts: 4,448
Thanks: 543
Thanked 741 Times in 539 Posts
Have you tried turning it off, then turning it back on?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_Sanity View Post
Whatever...I still think we're aliens morphed with apes.
Cerebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
no left turn unstone
 
ionlylooklazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: washington
Posts: 5,130
Thanks: 95
Thanked 978 Times in 491 Posts
you may find this image of use

ionlylooklazy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ionlylooklazy For This Useful Post:
Geeno (12-12-2010)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design