YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Multimedia And Technology
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Multimedia And Technology A place to discuss TV, movies, games, graphics, art, computers, technology, the internet and more.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
Hard to imagine a reality where there's a decent half life movie
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
31337
 
deadhead94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Frog Balls, Arkansas
Posts: 17,778
Thanks: 548
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
Hard to imagine a reality where there's a decent half life movie

There exists a universe where every movie is an amazingly great Half Life movie. Also a universe where every movie is Twilight with Gordon Freeman as every character.


Think about that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post
I Just looked up MSF. I that looks like a great cause. Do they have any ties with Doctors without Borders?
deadhead94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,224
Thanks: 4,835
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
No.

Just because the number of universes may be infinite, does not mean that any conceivable thing could happen.

Similar to how there are an infinity of numbers between 0 and 1, you can have an infinite set of possibilities, but there are constraints on what is actually possible.
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
31337
 
deadhead94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Frog Balls, Arkansas
Posts: 17,778
Thanks: 548
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,166 Posts
Why exactly would those be outside of the constraints? They are not physically impossible. Just slight variations of the same system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post
I Just looked up MSF. I that looks like a great cause. Do they have any ties with Doctors without Borders?
deadhead94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Keezheekoni
 
Geeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scam City
Posts: 30,718
Thanks: 4,802
Thanked 10,315 Times in 4,893 Posts
The most exciting thing about a new round of starwars movies is watching all the nerds froth at the mouth to find things to complain about
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
i've struck the absolute perfect balance between gay and smart

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Geeno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeno For This Useful Post:
CheeseburgerEd (11-30-2014), Terry (12-01-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,224
Thanks: 4,835
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead94 View Post
Why exactly would those be outside of the constraints? They are not physically impossible. Just slight variations of the same system.
Dammit man I'll deal with you later.
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Not easy bein cheesy
 
CheeseburgerEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cheeseburgerville
Posts: 384
Thanks: 623
Thanked 374 Times in 195 Posts
People often ask me why ive never seen a starwars movie, and tell them its because mark hamil is my real dad.
__________________
I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Well it's like they say: If you're not a rebel at the age of twenty, you got no heart. But if you haven't turned establishment by thirty, you got no brains. Because there are no storybook romances. No fairy tale endings. So before you run out to change the world, ask yourself: What do you really want?
CheeseburgerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CheeseburgerEd For This Useful Post:
Geeno (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Ex View Post
No.

Just because the number of universes may be infinite, does not mean that any conceivable thing could happen.

Similar to how there are an infinity of numbers between 0 and 1, you can have an infinite set of possibilities, but there are constraints on what is actually possible.
this assumes the laws of physics are the same throughout all the different universes though.

1+1 is true only because the way our universe is set up. just because we cant conceptualize a universe where 1+1=3 does not mean that such a universe cannot exist.

there ARE constraints on what is possible concerning the way the physics of each universe works, but for each slight alteration of the physics there could result in countless variables being changed, which, for all we know, may result in a universe where a decent Half-Life movie is made.

that said, going by how this particular universe we find ourselves in seems to work, it seems to me hard to find a line of probabilities wherein this movie is a success commercially and/or artistically.
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waves For This Useful Post:
CheeseburgerEd (11-30-2014), fenderbender (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Not easy bein cheesy
 
CheeseburgerEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cheeseburgerville
Posts: 384
Thanks: 623
Thanked 374 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
this assumes the laws of physics are the same throughout all the different universes though.

1+1 is true only because the way our universe is set up. just because we cant conceptualize a universe where 1+1=3 does not mean that such a universe cannot exist.

there ARE constraints on what is possible concerning the way the physics of each universe works, but for each slight alteration of the physics there could result in countless variables being changed, which, for all we know, may result in a universe where a decent Half-Life movie is made.

that said, going by how this particular universe we find ourselves in seems to work, it seems to me hard to find a line of probabilities wherein this movie is a success commercially and/or artistically.
__________________
I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Well it's like they say: If you're not a rebel at the age of twenty, you got no heart. But if you haven't turned establishment by thirty, you got no brains. Because there are no storybook romances. No fairy tale endings. So before you run out to change the world, ask yourself: What do you really want?

Last edited by CheeseburgerEd; 11-30-2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: got a better gif, the one i posted was shit
CheeseburgerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,224
Thanks: 4,835
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
this assumes the laws of physics are the same throughout all the different universes though.

1+1 is true only because the way our universe is set up. just because we cant conceptualize a universe where 1+1=3 does not mean that such a universe cannot exist.

there ARE constraints on what is possible concerning the way the physics of each universe works, but for each slight alteration of the physics there could result in countless variables being changed, which, for all we know, may result in a universe where a decent Half-Life movie is made.

that said, going by how this particular universe we find ourselves in seems to work, it seems to me hard to find a line of probabilities wherein this movie is a success commercially and/or artistically.

It is way, way too complex a thing to determine whether or not a decent Half-Life movie could exist in another universe. Well, it's impossible at the moment.

But I was making my response based on the actual mathematics that predict the possible existence of infinite universes, where in physical theory they arise, and thereby an educated prediction of the range of permutations that are possible within those constraints.


Your argument about 1+1=3 really isn't argument. It's philosophical conjecture, and not something I'll touch because I made my response to deadhead, who...seems to think he knows something about something. But doesn't.
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
its not even impossible. in another universe, gordan freeman is the equivalent of jesus in our universe and any movie starring him will make the most money of any movie in that universes timeline.

very simple. you dont even need to violate any laws of physics to imagine a situation in which a half life movie could be decent.
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,224
Thanks: 4,835
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
I know you're joking.
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #33 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waves View Post
nerdgasm

thoughts?
I find the lack of lens flares appealing.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kompressor For This Useful Post:
The Rev (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/
 
Grieves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 22,769
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 10,520
Thanked 13,368 Times in 6,456 Posts
__________________
| ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


tyrannical apathy
militant ignorance
recreational outrage
free lunch felon
prosperity gospel
predatory delay
aggravated boredom
sonic dysentery
what is your god trying to prove
Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grieves For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (08-24-2015), Parallax (12-02-2014), The Rev (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Oh man it would almost make the prequels worth it if Jar Jar turns out to hunt down Anakin's son/grandkids.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kompressor For This Useful Post:
CheeseburgerEd (12-02-2014), The Rev (12-02-2014)
Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #36 (permalink)
Be a beginner every day
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,404
Thanks: 3,109
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,541 Posts
This is the extent of discussion about TFA?

On Yahooka?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, you'd all be a bunch of faggots.
HTAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTAM For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (08-24-2015), The Rev (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,224
Thanks: 4,835
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
I don't understand how black people in space.


There's no sun in space. Therefor how black people?
__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Life is Subtext
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Samsara
Posts: 25,265
Thanks: 14,905
Thanked 11,458 Times in 5,548 Posts
Actually, ALL the suns are in space. There are no suns anywhere else, in fact. In fact, in fact, space ITSELF is black (probably because of all the suns) so you'd have to expect black people, too, wouldn't you?

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the pre-Official teaser trailer? It's the one that starts with a light saber tumbling through space, and then gives you shots of Han and Luke at the end.

I can't find it anywhere.



The Rev
__________________


Budforce - My Friend
August 29, 1973- May 25, 2012


The Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Rev For This Useful Post:
kamikazi89 (02-15-2017)
Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Life is Subtext
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Samsara
Posts: 25,265
Thanks: 14,905
Thanked 11,458 Times in 5,548 Posts
Also, I want them to come out with Grand Theft X-Wing



The Rev
__________________


Budforce - My Friend
August 29, 1973- May 25, 2012


The Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Rev For This Useful Post:
fenderbender (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Disney put an immediate halt to any current pics of Mark Hamill.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kompressor For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (08-24-2015)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design