YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Politics And Current Affairs
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Politics And Current Affairs Discussion on politics, current affairs and law. Do something today to make a difference.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Secretary of State?!
 
John F. Kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 783 Times in 504 Posts
If you were Obama, what would you do?

Ok, things are getting so bad for the big O that I almost, almost feel sympathy for him.

Now forget for a minute that he ran as a "moderate independent" voice that could bridge parties and regions and races...and once in office proceeded to turn america into a marxist worker's paradise- complete with near collapse of the economy....

but, if you were obama, what would u do?

his new speech and plan is to pass the "AMERICA JOBS ACT" lol.... maybe im just cynical, but on the day of his inauguration speech he said "we need to get america back to work"....and then proceeded to talk about policies that actually wouldnt do that, but instead, would help advance far left political ideologies...such as expanding the already too big entitlement state, and government in general, and wars, and covert cia operations.... etc...

but like, hes gotta say he wants to create jobs. because everyone wants him to create jobs.... the problem is, he doesnt seem to understand that HIS POLICIES are what have been causing jobs not to be created.... so its fine and good to keep saying over and over, at bigger and bigger speeches... "yes we are going to fix america and make it better" but if, after you say that, you turn around and do things which in point of fact, make it worse, then your words are worth as much as dog shit, and they acomplish nothing....and they anger people even more because they think you are totally oblivious, and like not recognizing that the policies you've been trying for 3 years aren't working , and the only common sense thing to do is to change course.... theres no shame in changing course and admitting mistakes.... there is a huge problem with obama continually talking about how hes gonna "fix things" and then turn around and find out that "fix things" is obama-speak for "more marxism"...

im not even trying to debate economic systems with you here-

in 2006, people thought iraq was a mess....some people tried to argue we had to stay the course, blah blah...but the vast majority of people accepted the reality of the situation, myself included.

here we have a similar situation. obamacare, partisanship, NLRB madness, spending the whole summer shittalking millionaires who are the most likely people to hire other people, and then wondering why the blocks are all scattered on the ground instead of in the shape of a nice building.... its just ridiculous.... maybe there are good parts of socialist and liberal economic policies....but for whatever reason, they are not repeat NOT helping our economy, in ANY WAY.... it doesnt help blacks to have 20% unemployment, it doesnt help the poor, the middle class ,or the rich, to have our economy not grow, and to have businesses not hire.

Its just like ron paul said last night. its not about compassion, its about knowing what your talking about....the government doesnt create the economy, the government doesnt feed and cloathe people, businesses, mainly, private businesses do- SO if obama is just going to keep toeing the liberal line on this stuff (however good his speechwriters try to cover it up with code words like shared sacrifice) .... the end result will be more of the same shit thats been going on since he took office....

So shouldnt he start saying something different? like COMPLETELY different? be like, ok we gave pelosi's stuff a try...and look at the result, pelosis economic plans led us to a "iraq 2006" type situation.... so whether i like em or not, i objectively recognize that they dont work, and that we need to do something different...not just different meaning sell it better or try to label it better for mass consumption, but different as in fundamentally different policies based on different economic theories... ...because otherwise, you wonder if hes like mister magoo just driving us off a cliff and not even realizing that he has his foot on the gas....

?
its a tough situation for obama to be in, but clinton was in a similar situation at one point, and he pivoted from being this liberal dude to being a centrist.... obama never did that, and im sure he wont do it tonight.... so... i know what he should do, but i also know what he will do.... and even tho i have no crazy love for him, if i were his friend i would be like, cmon obama you have to do something really different, instead , this same shit will keep happening, and you will lose... and america will have to suffer thru another 18 months of keynsian liberal economic policies, and rising unemployment....

JUST CHANGE DAMN YOU, if you change , you might even get reelected.... it almost belies common sense why he would just do the same shit again...a big speech where he tells people to "put country (in other words his liberal views) before party" and "shared sacrifice (in other words, shit on the job creators)" ....


i cant even think about this anymore its like a plug is plugging up the drain of my common sense trying to make sense of what obama does...

any takers?
__________________
The future's like the weather baby there aint no guarantees

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
John F. Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John F. Kerry For This Useful Post:
ChiefBongWater (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,964 Times in 4,439 Posts
dont you have anyone else to talk to about this shit?
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waves For This Useful Post:
Mercury (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Secretary of State?!
 
John F. Kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 783 Times in 504 Posts
of course i do, does that mean i dont enjoy talking about it with you guys too? of course not.

here im actually likely to get more good responses anyway, because a lot of you love obama and are democrats, so id like to hear it from you guys.

snarky puss
__________________
The future's like the weather baby there aint no guarantees

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
John F. Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,866
Thanks: 2,800
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,778 Posts
If I were Obama, jfk would be praising me in every post

Quote:
This message is hidden because John F. Kerry is on your ignore list.
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,435
Thanks: 5,379
Thanked 6,506 Times in 3,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. Kerry View Post
could bridge parties and regions and races...and once in office proceeded to turn america into a marxist worker's paradise- complete with near collapse of the economy....
Couldn't get past this hilarity. "a marxist workers paradise". I just don't know where the fuck you live.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (09-13-2011), silverleaf (09-13-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
K10
Lazy lightning
 
K10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: out in the cold rain and snow
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 157
Thanked 412 Times in 220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. Kerry View Post
Ok, things are getting so bad for the big O that I almost, almost feel sympathy for him.

Now forget for a minute that he ran as a "moderate independent" voice that could bridge parties and regions and races...and once in office proceeded to turn america into a marxist worker's paradise- complete with near collapse of the economy....

but, if you were obama, what would u do?

his new speech and plan is to pass the "AMERICA JOBS ACT" lol.... maybe im just cynical, but on the day of his inauguration speech he said "we need to get america back to work"....and then proceeded to talk about policies that actually wouldnt do that, but instead, would help advance far left political ideologies...such as expanding the already too big entitlement state, and government in general, and wars, and covert cia operations.... etc...

but like, hes gotta say he wants to create jobs. because everyone wants him to create jobs.... the problem is, he doesnt seem to understand that HIS POLICIES are what have been causing jobs not to be created.... so its fine and good to keep saying over and over, at bigger and bigger speeches... "yes we are going to fix america and make it better" but if, after you say that, you turn around and do things which in point of fact, make it worse, then your words are worth as much as dog shit, and they acomplish nothing....and they anger people even more because they think you are totally oblivious, and like not recognizing that the policies you've been trying for 3 years aren't working , and the only common sense thing to do is to change course.... theres no shame in changing course and admitting mistakes.... there is a huge problem with obama continually talking about how hes gonna "fix things" and then turn around and find out that "fix things" is obama-speak for "more marxism"...

im not even trying to debate economic systems with you here-

in 2006, people thought iraq was a mess....some people tried to argue we had to stay the course, blah blah...but the vast majority of people accepted the reality of the situation, myself included.

here we have a similar situation. obamacare, partisanship, NLRB madness, spending the whole summer shittalking millionaires who are the most likely people to hire other people, and then wondering why the blocks are all scattered on the ground instead of in the shape of a nice building.... its just ridiculous.... maybe there are good parts of socialist and liberal economic policies....but for whatever reason, they are not repeat NOT helping our economy, in ANY WAY.... it doesnt help blacks to have 20% unemployment, it doesnt help the poor, the middle class ,or the rich, to have our economy not grow, and to have businesses not hire.

Its just like ron paul said last night. its not about compassion, its about knowing what your talking about....the government doesnt create the economy, the government doesnt feed and cloathe people, businesses, mainly, private businesses do- SO if obama is just going to keep toeing the liberal line on this stuff (however good his speechwriters try to cover it up with code words like shared sacrifice) .... the end result will be more of the same shit thats been going on since he took office....

So shouldnt he start saying something different? like COMPLETELY different? be like, ok we gave pelosi's stuff a try...and look at the result, pelosis economic plans led us to a "iraq 2006" type situation.... so whether i like em or not, i objectively recognize that they dont work, and that we need to do something different...not just different meaning sell it better or try to label it better for mass consumption, but different as in fundamentally different policies based on different economic theories... ...because otherwise, you wonder if hes like mister magoo just driving us off a cliff and not even realizing that he has his foot on the gas....

?
its a tough situation for obama to be in, but clinton was in a similar situation at one point, and he pivoted from being this liberal dude to being a centrist.... obama never did that, and im sure he wont do it tonight.... so... i know what he should do, but i also know what he will do.... and even tho i have no crazy love for him, if i were his friend i would be like, cmon obama you have to do something really different, instead , this same shit will keep happening, and you will lose... and america will have to suffer thru another 18 months of keynsian liberal economic policies, and rising unemployment....

JUST CHANGE DAMN YOU, if you change , you might even get reelected.... it almost belies common sense why he would just do the same shit again...a big speech where he tells people to "put country (in other words his liberal views) before party" and "shared sacrifice (in other words, shit on the job creators)" ....


i cant even think about this anymore its like a plug is plugging up the drain of my common sense trying to make sense of what obama does...

any takers?

1. You're fucking stupid
2. You clearly gleaned your talking points from faux news.
3. You could at least pretend to be capable of independent thought.
4. You're fucking stupid
__________________
Just because you tie dye your wool, doesn't mean
you're not a sheep.
R.I.P. Alice D.
K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
K10
Lazy lightning
 
K10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: out in the cold rain and snow
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 157
Thanked 412 Times in 220 Posts
oops thought I was in ffa. If someone has a problem with me telling jfk he's fucking stupid, I won't be offended if you edit my post or some shit.
__________________
Just because you tie dye your wool, doesn't mean
you're not a sheep.
R.I.P. Alice D.
K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
If I were Obama, I would not have caved to the GOP's ridiculous, economy crushing demands.

It's quite clear that JFK has no one who can dispute him, because of being a 'moderate independent,' I would not cave in to shitty compromised policies.

PS. Please elaborate on the "too big entitlement state," or once again you're fooled by buzz words.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kompressor For This Useful Post:
Stonie Jo (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tribune of Plebs
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 6,491
Thanks: 6,338
Thanked 6,329 Times in 3,130 Posts
Is it just me or does Boehner look like a used catcher's mitt who has been left in the sun too long?
__________________
I am Cassandra-doomed to see the future but destined never to be believed.

-Cicero
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Terry For This Useful Post:
Home Wrecker (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mafutero
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PR
Posts: 784
Thanks: 41
Thanked 172 Times in 133 Posts
If I were Obama I would keep following orders. Remember what happened to Kennedy? Politics is much more than what you see on tv or in speeches.
__________________
"I've seen people so poor all they got is money."

We have to learn to unlearn
Its not contradiction, its amendment
Not everything we see is reality
Not everything we hear is the truth
Not everything we're taught helps us grow
~Cultura Profetica

"La locura se lleva en la cabeza y las drogas en los bolsillos"
~Roberto Iniesta
zerodown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerodown For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (09-13-2011), KaptNemo (09-08-2011), The Don (09-13-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,866
Thanks: 2,800
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,778 Posts
Quote:
Ok, things are getting so bad for the big O that I almost, almost feel sympathy for him.
I'm sure that if he knew you, the feeling would be mutual.
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Special Delivery
 
Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The States
Posts: 10,627
Thanks: 486
Thanked 968 Times in 639 Posts
It looks like Obama is dead in the water. Any course of action he would undertake would get virtually zero support from anybody. We thought Bush was a lame-duck president? Obama is the epitome of lame-duck. Even Jimmy Carter had more balls than Obama.

Honestly America wants somebody to freaking LEAD us and Obama is not a leader, not like Clinton or even Bush Sr.. Obama needs to either do something drastic or he needs to just start cleaning up the White House for the next guy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdC View Post
Oh Mercury eat shit for us again eh, you're a funny lil turd.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Obama is a leader, in the fact that he has listened to those whom disagree with him.

Obama has missed his campaign promises because of the Republicans and a bickering congress, not because he isn't right.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kompressor For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (09-13-2011), Ego Tripping (09-09-2011), HTAM (09-08-2011), mothernature (09-09-2011), One (09-09-2011), Roach (09-08-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mafutero
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PR
Posts: 784
Thanks: 41
Thanked 172 Times in 133 Posts
Lets face it, Obama was given a chance so we could blame the collapse on the black guy, but the collapse was not triggered by him, or bush, or clinton, or carter, they all just kept it afloat, we were doomed to collapse the day the fed was created and we started printing fiat money.

When will people start looking beyond a presidential face?
__________________
"I've seen people so poor all they got is money."

We have to learn to unlearn
Its not contradiction, its amendment
Not everything we see is reality
Not everything we hear is the truth
Not everything we're taught helps us grow
~Cultura Profetica

"La locura se lleva en la cabeza y las drogas en los bolsillos"
~Roberto Iniesta
zerodown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerodown For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (09-13-2011), mothernature (09-09-2011)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
^ Yes, this whole thing has been planned since the 70's, aka when Obama was an infant.

__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Special Delivery
 
Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The States
Posts: 10,627
Thanks: 486
Thanked 968 Times in 639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodown View Post
Lets face it, Obama was given a chance so we could blame the collapse on the black guy, but the collapse was not triggered by him, or bush, or clinton, or carter, they all just kept it afloat, we were doomed to collapse the day the fed was created and we started printing fiat money.

When will people start looking beyond a presidential face?
I follow you.... but what next?

Mitt Romeny, a Mormon, becomes president in 2012 incurring God's wrath and thus the beginning of the apocalypse as foretold in 2012 prophecy?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdC View Post
Oh Mercury eat shit for us again eh, you're a funny lil turd.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Secretary of State?!
 
John F. Kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 783 Times in 504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K10 View Post
oops thought I was in ffa. If someone has a problem with me telling jfk he's fucking stupid, I won't be offended if you edit my post or some shit.
im not offended, and sorry if i came off a little too brash or whatever. but it was a pretty honest expression of sentiment at the time.
__________________
The future's like the weather baby there aint no guarantees

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
John F. Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mafutero
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PR
Posts: 784
Thanks: 41
Thanked 172 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompressor View Post
^ Yes, this whole thing has been planned since the 70's, aka when Obama was an infant.


You are either clueless or being sarcastic, I'll let you tell me which before I start shooting ; )
__________________
"I've seen people so poor all they got is money."

We have to learn to unlearn
Its not contradiction, its amendment
Not everything we see is reality
Not everything we hear is the truth
Not everything we're taught helps us grow
~Cultura Profetica

"La locura se lleva en la cabeza y las drogas en los bolsillos"
~Roberto Iniesta
zerodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Voice of Reason
 
Kompressor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,133
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6,435 Times in 3,188 Posts
Go ahead, considering how valuable your opinion is.
__________________
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. -H. Bergson
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Decade Yahookan
 
wellfleation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Haverhill, MASSHOLE
Posts: 4,519
Thanks: 218
Thanked 660 Times in 466 Posts
Ummm, sorry I schooled all you backward thinking republitards tonight in my speech. Oh, and don't forget to turn the lights out when you leave in 2012.


Sincerely,

President Barack Hussein Obama
__________________
FIGHTPOWER
wellfleation is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wellfleation For This Useful Post:
Stonie Jo (09-08-2011)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design