YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Politics And Current Affairs
Home Register FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Politics And Current Affairs Discussion on politics, current affairs and law. Do something today to make a difference.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,888
Thanks: 3,109
Thanked 3,760 Times in 2,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
republican propaganda.


again, Pot calling the kettle black.
That would be true if I were a republican.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
Terry (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,793
Thanks: 2,733
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,739 Posts
garbage in garbage out.

just another revolving door.

like a parrot if you will, just repeating what you heard.
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,888
Thanks: 3,109
Thanked 3,760 Times in 2,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
garbage in garbage out.

just another revolving door.

like a parrot if you will, just repeating what you heard.
Answer my previous post. Tell me how obomba differs from bush, killing wise.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
Deus Vult!
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 5,646
Thanked 5,570 Times in 2,736 Posts
I've known Stoneric and his opinions (through the internet not in real life) for years now. I do not think one could be further from a Republican.

Same with Nick, and me too.

There is more to personal ideology than the labels Democrat and Republican can encompass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK View Post
People need to love terry instead of judge terry.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terry For This Useful Post:
Dr. Nick Nasty (01-31-2012), stoneric (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Yahookan Zealot
 
Cerpin Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,005
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,017 Posts
What does it matter what George Clooney thinks?
__________________
Step Back. Evaluate. Recognize.

"All memory is really a form of regurgitation of undigested experience."
-Alan Watts
Cerpin Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cerpin Taxt For This Useful Post:
kamikazi89 (02-01-2012), Terry (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Deus Vult!
 
Terry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 5,691
Thanks: 5,646
Thanked 5,570 Times in 2,736 Posts
If he was offering suggestions on how to get laid by a different girl every night I'd be all ears.

Politics though...Nah.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK View Post
People need to love terry instead of judge terry.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Old School
 
wellfleation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Methuen, MASSHOLE
Posts: 4,525
Thanks: 217
Thanked 651 Times in 461 Posts
People gotta stop willfully believing spin.

*Reporter asks some douche politician in FL:
"How is it patriotic that Mitt takes his $$$$$ out of America and stashes it in european bank accounts to shelter it from taxes?"
*The spin: "Well, we need to come up with a fairer tax code (code words for make the middle class and poor pay more) that encourages successful people to want to invest in America!" (Code words for decrease taxes even further for millionaires.)

Then when when ass-hole republican politicians are asked if the Buffet rule is fair - I've yet hear one, just one answer this question. They use a lot of "words" that NEVER answer the question. In fact, this is the only specific thing I listen to when a politician is asked a question to see just how slimy they are being.Get asked a question twice and think you are slick by muttering a bunch of bull-shit? Those days are over.
__________________
FIGHTPOWER
wellfleation is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wellfleation For This Useful Post:
Peace seeker (02-01-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Just bein' me
 
BudSniffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: waayyyy over yonder
Posts: 1,580
Thanks: 1,411
Thanked 1,004 Times in 538 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace seeker View Post
The world has had enough of elitist politicians. The reason nothing gets done, is partly because most of these corrupted elitist douches dont give a damn about the 99%.

Unemployment is way high, healthcare is not affordable for the masses, education is only for those who can afford it and high paying positions go to those with connections and not to those who can get the job done.

Thats bull.

If we dont change the way things are, with our vote, then dont expect a future for the next generations. Expect slavery.

Governments are the puppets of the elite. We gotta move gvmnts out of our way, so descent people can start making a difference.

Mitt Romney -who wants to be your next president- made $42 million dollars and yet he only paid 14% tax on it because most of his money is in offshore companies. And he said : "i aint paying a dollar more!"

So why does the average american, canadian european or australian citizen have to pay 35-45% tax, when their politicians dont even pay the minimum?

Fuck that.

Its time the people take the government in their hands. It wont happen overnight. It will take a few decades. but if we dont start now, then be prepared for many decades of slavery. Minimum wages, more work, less jobs, less benefits, less healthcare and non-existent pensions.

the middle class is shrinking world wide. Lets do something about it!
Actually, I think we are standing in the doorway to a world of slavery already, and most don't realize it....
Since the economic downturn, all these companies are pushin' people more and more everyday to do more, be more efficient, take less pay etc. Everything is going up, groceries, gas, health insurance.... Just got our water bill today, had a note last month it would be going up, how about $20? Every time there is a mention the economy might be going up, the price of gas goes up, every year the price of health insurance goes up and so do deductibles, and benefits go down. The company keeps telling us to do all we can to help out, do more, be more efficient, don't complain about the money, be glad you got a job. Yet today we had a meeting and was told, for 2011, the numbers were border line (read no bonuses or raises) but the only reason it was this good, was because they didn't hire the 2 or 3 bodies that were needed, and we were able to get by because we changed some processes (read more work). Saying this, the company made over $100 million this year, the GM for the US has 3 homes (but says he is in a hurt also) and travels the world continuously, in fact every time you see him, he is complaining of having to leave tomorrow for Canada, and next week to the Netherlands and then on to Hong Kong, it's never ending.
My Dad told me when I was in my teens, the politicians and wealthy folks don't like it because "common" people own property, they think they should own it all. Well, this is just some of my own random thinking over the last 2 or 3 years.... Ok, we have a economic meltdown, jobs are lost, LOTS of homes and property lost, so the banks and others scarf it up at low prices, or for nothing, the people that lost it, now have bad credit, so it could be years, if ever before they can purchase property again. Wages are low, jobs are scarce and the price of everything goes up. The companies (read rich) have us under their control, you take what they pay you and be glad you can eat. The politicians aren't going to do anything, because they are being paid off, or they have financial interest in the companies. They are living a lush lifestyle from our tax money, and will die before they give up anything. We have no one to even vote for that would or could help us. They go up on all kinds of taxes (property, auto, etc) to stretch your dollars and shackle you even more. If you don't pay the taxes you lose your home, can't drive your car etc...
I think most people have the same mentality, "oh, it's the govt, we can't do anything against them, they will bring out the military." Or, "This is the greatest country on the earth! Try to have what you have here in some other country!" or, "We can't do anything!, it's useless!"
Personally, I would rather die, than be a slave to anybody, especially some fat ass, lazy politician or rich person who thought I was only fit to do their bidding, work for them, and be thankful I was "taken care of". And also, where would we be if the colonist had thrown up their hands and said, "We can't do anything, it's useless?"
__________________
"Nobody thinks the way that I do, I guess nobody dares. My head's so full of things, I set my mind free of them. I'm breaking the rules, breaking all the rules. " -Ozzy Osbourne
BudSniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BudSniffer For This Useful Post:
Peace seeker (02-01-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Reactionary Radical
 
Dr. Nick Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York/New Jersey Metro Wasteland
Posts: 1,901
Blog Entries: 5
Thanks: 619
Thanked 320 Times in 209 Posts
It should always be remembered that revolutions in societies generally get underway long before anyone realizes it. There are things outside of electoral politics that bode at least optimistically for this country and the world-open source software, hacktivism, OWS, the Arab Spring, etc. With little exception (eg, Paul, Kucinich, Sanders) politicians tend to be the late-comers to social change.
__________________

"I do not wish any mass at all, but honest men only, lovely, sweet, accomplished women only."-Emma Goldman
Dr. Nick Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Nick Nasty For This Useful Post:
Cerpin Taxt (01-31-2012), Terry (01-31-2012), The Rev (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #50 (permalink)
I am different
 
Being's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 4,457
Thanks: 1,637
Thanked 883 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneric View Post
Assasinating American citizens without due process.
Libya.
Provisions in the NDAA.
The patriot act extension, including nasty shit due to sunset.
Expanding drone use.
Troops in Uganda.
Continuance of the Afghanistan failure.
Continuance of hypocritical foreign policy.
Continuance of using state secrets as excuse for any executive power trip.
Continued belligerence towards Iran.
you've argued the same shit over and over... i've provided facts to help my side...

you spew the same shit again.

I post more facts.

you repeat.

When is your argument going to grow up? Everything you are whining about pertains to military. One issue. get over it and do some research about anything else because I've posted enough shit about military i'm sick of it. Ignoring things doesn't help your argument when I have already addressed them.


/rant

wanna have a beer stoneric?

Quote:
What does it matter what George Clooney thinks?
Typical. 'He doesn't agree with me so his opinion doesn't matter!'

Intelligent.

You can say 'I've known these guys for years and none of us are gay". That doesn't mean that you are straight when you fuck another guy. (not calling gay, just analogy)
__________________
R.I.P. Gov

Quote:
but I do show—thanks to a lot of in-depth interviews with GOP sources—how they plotted to obstruct Obama before he even took office. I show how the stimulus was chock full of stuff they claimed to support until Jan. 20, 2009—not just things like health IT and the smart grid and energy efficiency and scientific research, but the very idea of Keynesian stimulus. Every presidential candidate in 2008 proposed a stimulus package, and Mitt Romney’s was the largest.
Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Yahookan Zealot
 
Cerpin Taxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,005
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 834
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
Typical. 'He doesn't agree with me so his opinion doesn't matter!'

Intelligent.
Celebrity status in itself doesn't necessarily warrant their opinion as being more important, whether I agree with it or not.



I'd rather observe and research the car as much as I can on my own to see how I feel about it, rather than want it simply because someone 'desirable' is loosely associated with it.
__________________
Step Back. Evaluate. Recognize.

"All memory is really a form of regurgitation of undigested experience."
-Alan Watts
Cerpin Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #52 (permalink)
ancientbongmaster
 
mothernature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,896
Thanks: 5,381
Thanked 3,006 Times in 1,509 Posts
I rather agree with this:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
__________________
Sometimes sleep is the best revenge- Luke
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mothernature For This Useful Post:
Dr. Nick Nasty (02-01-2012), kamikazi89 (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #53 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,793
Thanks: 2,733
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,739 Posts
Quote:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
george clooney quote ?























jk

nobody talks like that in the 21st century.
not even actors.
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #54 (permalink)
free the herb
 
Peace seeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,337
Thanks: 817
Thanked 589 Times in 398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudSniffer View Post
Actually, I think we are standing in the doorway to a world of slavery already, and most don't realize it....
Since the economic downturn, all these companies are pushin' people more and more everyday to do more, be more efficient, take less pay etc. Everything is going up, groceries, gas, health insurance.... Just got our water bill today, had a note last month it would be going up, how about $20? Every time there is a mention the economy might be going up, the price of gas goes up, every year the price of health insurance goes up and so do deductibles, and benefits go down. The company keeps telling us to do all we can to help out, do more, be more efficient, don't complain about the money, be glad you got a job. Yet today we had a meeting and was told, for 2011, the numbers were border line (read no bonuses or raises) but the only reason it was this good, was because they didn't hire the 2 or 3 bodies that were needed, and we were able to get by because we changed some processes (read more work). Saying this, the company made over $100 million this year, the GM for the US has 3 homes (but says he is in a hurt also) and travels the world continuously, in fact every time you see him, he is complaining of having to leave tomorrow for Canada, and next week to the Netherlands and then on to Hong Kong, it's never ending.
My Dad told me when I was in my teens, the politicians and wealthy folks don't like it because "common" people own property, they think they should own it all. Well, this is just some of my own random thinking over the last 2 or 3 years.... Ok, we have a economic meltdown, jobs are lost, LOTS of homes and property lost, so the banks and others scarf it up at low prices, or for nothing, the people that lost it, now have bad credit, so it could be years, if ever before they can purchase property again. Wages are low, jobs are scarce and the price of everything goes up. The companies (read rich) have us under their control, you take what they pay you and be glad you can eat. The politicians aren't going to do anything, because they are being paid off, or they have financial interest in the companies. They are living a lush lifestyle from our tax money, and will die before they give up anything. We have no one to even vote for that would or could help us. They go up on all kinds of taxes (property, auto, etc) to stretch your dollars and shackle you even more. If you don't pay the taxes you lose your home, can't drive your car etc...
I think most people have the same mentality, "oh, it's the govt, we can't do anything against them, they will bring out the military." Or, "This is the greatest country on the earth! Try to have what you have here in some other country!" or, "We can't do anything!, it's useless!"
Personally, I would rather die, than be a slave to anybody, especially some fat ass, lazy politician or rich person who thought I was only fit to do their bidding, work for them, and be thankful I was "taken care of". And also, where would we be if the colonist had thrown up their hands and said, "We can't do anything, it's useless?"
thats EXACTLY^^^^ what i m talking about.

well said man
Peace seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peace seeker For This Useful Post:
BudSniffer (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #55 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,793
Thanks: 2,733
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,739 Posts
Quote:
Tell me how obomba differs from bush, killing wise.
If you don't already know the difference, it doesn't matter to you what I say.

and that's a fact.

Obama will win the election in November, and Americans will be the better for it.
And I'll continue to support him, and volunteer in his campaign to help insure he does.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. As your Representative in Congress, I look forward to assist you with your needs and learn about issues that are of concern to you. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Congressman Mike Doyle (PA-14)
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,793
Thanks: 2,733
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,739 Posts
meanwhile here's something to think about "changing".


According to the New York Times, workers at a factory in Shenzhen, China, owned by Foxconn (a company that manufactures iPhones, iPads and other devices for Apple) regularly work sixteen-hour days, seven-day work weeks.

They stand until their legs swell and they can’t walk, and they perform repetitive motions on the production line for so long that some permanently lose the use of their hands. To cut costs, managers make workers use cheap chemicals that cause neurological damage. There has been a rash of suicides at the Foxconn plant, and 300 workers recently threatened to jump off the roof over a safety and pay dispute.

In short, as one former Apple executive told the New York Times, "Most people would be really disturbed if they saw where their iPhone comes from."

Mark Shields, a self-described member of the "cult of Mac," started a petition on Change.org demanding Apple exert its influence on its suppliers to improve working conditions for the factory workers that make iPhones, iPads and other Apple products. Apple knows it can play an important role in ensuring safe and fair working conditions for the workers at its suppliers, like Foxconn. In 2005, the company released a supplier code of conduct, and it performs hundreds of audits each year in China and around the world to confirm its suppliers are meeting the code’s expectations.

But that’s where Apple’s commitment falters: the number of supplier violations has held steady year to year and Apple hasn’t consistently publicly stated which suppliers have problems or dropped offending suppliers.

The bottom line, Apple executives admit, is that they’re not being forced to change.

One current executive told the New York Times that there’s a trade-off: "You can either manufacture in comfortable, worker-friendly factories," he said, or you can "make it better and faster and cheaper, which requires factories that seem harsh by American standards. And right now, customers care more about a new iPhone than working conditions in China."

That means public pressure is the only thing that can force Apple to ensure its suppliers treat workers humanely. If enough people sign Mark’s petition -- and tell Apple they care more about human beings than they do about how fast the company can produce the next generation iPhone -- the company could be convinced to make real change for the workers at Foxconn and other factories.

Click the link below to sign Mark’s petition right now.



Human Rights Petition: Apple: Protect Workers Making iPhones in Chinese Factories | Change.org
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #57 (permalink)
Victoria Aut Mors
 
Roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 8,793
Thanks: 2,733
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,739 Posts
Quote:
That would be true if I were a republican.
'e assomigliate ad un'anatra, camminate come un'anatra e comunicate come un'anatra, dovete essere un'anatra'
__________________
לזיין את הקופים
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #58 (permalink)
Genetically Modified
 
kitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: up on the hill where they do the boogie
Posts: 9,667
Thanks: 591
Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerpin Taxt View Post
What does it matter what George Clooney thinks?
I thought he was pretty eloquent in expressing what's wrong with the state of american politics.
__________________
You wore track marks like stigmata
as though needles piercing your flesh
could somehow transmute the sins
enacted on your body
and your muscles pull me deep inside you,
reminding me that resurrection comes
not from iron nails and battered bodies,
but from the pungent warmth
of rich soil and rotting leaves
where dry seeds sprout
and grow toward the sun.

kitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 17,933
Thanks: 3,307
Thanked 6,586 Times in 3,756 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again


GUT THE MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE FISHES
__________________
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf
If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand.
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Yahookan
 
farmergiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: wakka wakka wakka
Posts: 9,461
Thanks: 2,797
Thanked 4,919 Times in 3,147 Posts
__________________
Cultivate a stoic calmness
Fuck the Monkeys
farmergiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design