YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Politics And Current Affairs
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Politics And Current Affairs Discussion on politics, current affairs and law. Do something today to make a difference.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
Who in the fuck watches msnbc?
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Secretary of State?!
 
John F. Kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 784 Times in 505 Posts
i guess i do, maybe thats my problem
__________________
The future's like the weather baby there aint no guarantees

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
John F. Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John F. Kerry For This Useful Post:
Sage Tree (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
Why would you? Are you a masochist?
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
kamikazi89 (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Duderino
 
Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chiburbs
Posts: 25,213
Thanks: 2,501
Thanked 7,965 Times in 4,440 Posts
The same reason liberals watch FOX news- to criticize and lambast it. To do exactly what hes trying to do with this thread.

We just have two giant circlejerks going on in this country and nobody seems to see that circlejerks dont work and get nothing done and lead to corruption and lots of nasty shit for the country.

I mean just look at the graph...J-wonder is trying to argue fox news is somehow better than liberal media because they ran ONE OR TWO STORIES that didnt paint obama as the antichrist, when the rest of the stories they ran did.

"Look look! Fox news is better because instead of running 100% negative obama stories, they ran ONE neutral one!"

What kind of logic is that?

All of our media is equally biased at this point, for one side or the other. Fox tries to pretend its somehow unbiased by using titles like "no spin zone" and that to me is more dishonest than openly being a biased news source.
__________________
Stop acting so small
You are the universe
In ecstatic motion
-Rumi

Last edited by Waves; 11-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waves For This Useful Post:
Grieves (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Keezheekoni
 
Geeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Scam City
Posts: 30,718
Thanks: 4,802
Thanked 10,318 Times in 4,893 Posts
I want to bang rachel maddow and listen to her liberal spin on my wang.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
i've struck the absolute perfect balance between gay and smart

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ we JACKED, you mad?☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Geeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Secretary of State?!
 
John F. Kerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 784 Times in 505 Posts
i actually watch msnbc because i like to hear people who are likely to disagree with me.

But when i watch them, they are just so hateful that its amazing to me.

I honestly dont see the fox news folks being "angry" , with a constant chip on their shoullder, like the msnbc ones do, the mika brezinskis, and laurence odonnels and ed shultzes of the world- those guys are like really nasty and divisive to the other side.

all the time on fox they have both sides debating and arguing- its no doubt which side the anchors favor, but they always have numerous liberals on to argue and debate, and even someone like hannity has the other side on - even the most biased ones like sean hannity allow for the other side. and they let them make their points, even if you can tell that the hosts have one position, they give the other side a chance to make their points and argue their positions.

Im pretty sure i would expect people to agree with me on that-
I know fox is biased, but they really do often try to have both sides- they have one person from the one side give their view, then they have the liberal person give their view, and then the fox people say "ok you decide".

contrast that with msnbc, not only do they never have republicans on. But like one time when they do get some token republican on he just gets totally trashed by these "hipster" douches like chris hayes and rachel maddow- they cant just support their own positions, they have to like personally attack the republican, and attach all sorts of false motives to him-they NEVER let it go to "ok both sides gave their opinion....and we will let you the viewers decide"....martin bashir and these assholes its like- "oh well thats what some scumbag dickface republican said but hes obviously a big fat fucking liar so fuck those pricks"... thats the impression you get everytime you want to hear anything that isnt straight from the radical far left's playbook. every segment on msnbc is ended by the host saying something like "well clearly the republicans need to recheck their facts" or "well i guess some republicans just are stuck in the jim crow era"...like instead of leaving it to the viewer- they not only trash republicans, but then summarize the trashing at the end of the segment to totally not allow for anybody to come to any other conclusion that they "obvious" one they are trying to present and skew to have shown.

do you guys get a similar sense of it ? I dont like fox or msnbc one more than the other- i think they both are a bad way to get your ONLY news... but for what they are, its so plainly obvious that at least the fox people dont have a raging contempt for the average american the same way the msnbc people do - and fox basically tries to tell both sides of the story most times.... especially the non opinion people... like greta van susteran and bret baier and megan kelley....we know they have a pro republican outlook- but they dont disrespect every democrat who dares to come on, the same way those angry liberals at msnbc do- it seems to me that this is a huge part of why we have such an angry and radical group on the left these days, people who really relish being divided and fighting...
__________________
The future's like the weather baby there aint no guarantees

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
John F. Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F. Kerry View Post
i actually watch msnbc because i like to hear people who are likely to disagree with me.

But when i watch them, they are just so hateful that its amazing to me.

I honestly dont see the fox news folks being "angry" , with a constant chip on their shoullder, like the msnbc ones do, the mika brezinskis, and laurence odonnels and ed shultzes of the world- those guys are like really nasty and divisive to the other side.

all the time on fox they have both sides debating and arguing- its no doubt which side the anchors favor, but they always have numerous liberals on to argue and debate, and even someone like hannity has the other side on - even the most biased ones like sean hannity allow for the other side. and they let them make their points, even if you can tell that the hosts have one position, they give the other side a chance to make their points and argue their positions.

Im pretty sure i would expect people to agree with me on that-
I know fox is biased, but they really do often try to have both sides- they have one person from the one side give their view, then they have the liberal person give their view, and then the fox people say "ok you decide".

contrast that with msnbc, not only do they never have republicans on. But like one time when they do get some token republican on he just gets totally trashed by these "hipster" douches like chris hayes and rachel maddow- they cant just support their own positions, they have to like personally attack the republican, and attach all sorts of false motives to him-they NEVER let it go to "ok both sides gave their opinion....and we will let you the viewers decide"....martin bashir and these assholes its like- "oh well thats what some scumbag dickface republican said but hes obviously a big fat fucking liar so fuck those pricks"... thats the impression you get everytime you want to hear anything that isnt straight from the radical far left's playbook. every segment on msnbc is ended by the host saying something like "well clearly the republicans need to recheck their facts" or "well i guess some republicans just are stuck in the jim crow era"...like instead of leaving it to the viewer- they not only trash republicans, but then summarize the trashing at the end of the segment to totally not allow for anybody to come to any other conclusion that they "obvious" one they are trying to present and skew to have shown.

do you guys get a similar sense of it ? I dont like fox or msnbc one more than the other- i think they both are a bad way to get your ONLY news... but for what they are, its so plainly obvious that at least the fox people dont have a raging contempt for the average american the same way the msnbc people do - and fox basically tries to tell both sides of the story most times.... especially the non opinion people... like greta van susteran and bret baier and megan kelley....we know they have a pro republican outlook- but they dont disrespect every democrat who dares to come on, the same way those angry liberals at msnbc do- it seems to me that this is a huge part of why we have such an angry and radical group on the left these days, people who really relish being divided and fighting...
In conclusion, fox is indeed 'fair and balanced'. Jesus.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
UglyDucklingSyndrome
 
Canuck Wisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,566
Thanks: 6,296
Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieves View Post
Most semi-competent people know that these stations aren't in the "let's tell the unbiased truth" game but are rather in the "let's blow shit out of proportion, to make a big fuss for ratings" game...

Political affiliation has little to nothing to do with it, it is just the brand they are pandering...

If you are right about one thing, it is that interest is more in getting people aligned to hate one another and to create a schism of indifference and fear...

However it all needs to stop, it isn't a strictly liberal or repub thing, it is a propaganda for the cause game that is robbing the american public of having honest discourse based on reality, rational thought, and unbiased unfiltered facts... Transparency on major media outlets is dead...


Bravo! Huzzah! Good post dear Sir!


(political party systems are not football, with your team vs. the other guy's, but they're covered like that in American media, and regurgitated like that in J-Wonder's posts to an astonishing degree).

The degree to which media is consolidated in America is troubling too. I dont have the numbers right now but its something like 5 organizations control 90+% of all media outlets in the country, including your local radio and newspaper.
__________________
-Knowitall A&P type-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
everything in moderarion (especially moderation)
Canuck Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
And he keeps calling it the liberal media.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
Canuck Wisdom (11-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
¯\_(⊙_ʖ⊙)_/¯
 
Grieves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 22,806
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 10,551
Thanked 13,445 Times in 6,491 Posts
Seeds planted. Sprout into shit plants.
__________________
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


tyrannical apathy
militant ignorance
recreational outrage
convenient protest
free lunch felon
digital hobo
landlord president
prosperity gospel
predatory delay
disaster capitalists
aggravated boredom
sonic dysentery
what is your god trying to prove


Quote:
It has zero political or cultural value. It is reactionary in the worse sense: a gnarled wailing of a million broken losers joined in the comradery of hate and petty personal grievance.
Grieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
the friendly misanthrope
 
Bonbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 34
Thanks: 16
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
discourse and well reasoned debate have evolved into maniacal exchanges of irrelevant "wattaboutisms"
now that the anti-Obama right is having a difficult time to publicly justify and show their support for trump when his failing, inept administration are exhibiting all of the graft, corruption, deliberate misinformation campaigns, malfeasance & incompetence that they were hoping that the Obama administration would eventually be called out for to give them ammunition for more anti-left grievances to justify their Obama derangement syndrome anxiety.
or maybe they're resigned to remain smug & silent and have convinced themselves that it's only fake news, and yes...blame Obama....
Bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonbon For This Useful Post:
stoneric (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
devils advocate
 
kamikazi89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,986
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,314 Posts
all that is well and true, but lets put people before partisan politics.. the Syrian people have suffered long enough, and we, the United States, have certainly contributed greatly to increasing and prolonging the conflict to no end...lets not pull a Trump, who kidnaps children for political leverage, by condemning the Syrian people to more war and famine because you can score *political points and make pithy comments*...


think of the children

*that's not directed towards anyone here, just the general partisan political propaganda that permeates much of our social and Electronic media*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis D. View Post
we need to make the wheels out of pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post
Time Bandits!







What's wrong with you people?
katie west is the best


Trump is a pussy


kamikazi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
Lost in Space
 
cornemuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Macondo
Posts: 1,496
Thanks: 113
Thanked 1,118 Times in 576 Posts
Interesting read:

Marshall Kamena is a registered democrat and was elected mayor of Livermore, CA. He ran on the democratic ticket as he knew a Bay Area city would never vote for a republican. He is as conservative as they come. He wrote the following and it is a good read:

Subject: Trump’s lack of decorum, dignity, and statesmanship

By Marshall Kamena, Mayor of Livermore, CA.

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum. They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.”

Here’s my answer: We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency.

We tried statesmanship.

Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as John McCain?

We tried propriety-- has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney?

And the results were always the same. This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.

I don’t find anything “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper” about Barack Obama’s lying about what went down on the streets of Ferguson in order to ramp up racial hatreds because racial hatreds serve the Democratic Party.

I don’t see anything “dignified” in lying about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and imprisoning an innocent filmmaker to cover your tracks.

I don’t see anything “statesman-like” in weaponizing the IRS to be used to destroy your political opponents and any dissent.

Yes, Obama was “articulate” and “polished” but in no way was he in the least bit “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper.”

The Left has been engaged in a war against America since the rise of the Children of the ‘60s. To them, it has been an all-out war where nothing is held sacred and nothing is seen as beyond the pale. It has been a war they’ve fought with violence, the threat of violence, demagoguery and lies from day one – the violent take-over of the universities – till today.

The problem is that, through these years, the Left has been the only side fighting this war. While the Left has been taking a knife to anyone who stands in their way, the Right has continued to act with dignity, collegiality and propriety.

With Donald Trump, this all has come to an end. Donald Trump is America’s first wartime president in the Culture War.

During wartime, things like “dignity” and “collegiality” simply aren’t the most essential qualities one looks for in their warriors. Ulysses Grant was a drunk whose behavior in peacetime might well have seen him drummed out of the Army for conduct unbecoming.

Had Abraham Lincoln applied the peacetime rules of propriety and booted Grant, the Democrats might well still be holding their slaves today.

Lincoln rightly recognized that, “I cannot spare this man. He fights.”

General George Patton was a vulgar-talking. In peacetime, this might have seen him stripped of rank. But, had Franklin Roosevelt applied the normal rules of decorum then, Hitler and the Socialists would barely be five decades into their thousand-year Reich.

Trump is fighting. And what’s particularly delicious is that, like Patton standing over the battlefield as his tanks obliterated Rommel’s, he’s shouting, “You magnificent bastards, I read your book!”

That is just the icing on the cake, but it’s wonderful to see that not only is Trump fighting, he’s defeating the Left using their own tactics. That book is Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals -- a book so essential to the Liberals’ war against America that it is and was the playbook for the entire Obama administration and the subject of Hillary Clinton’s senior thesis.

It is a book of such pure evil, that, just as the rest of us would dedicate our book to those we most love or those to whom we are most indebted, Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer.

Trump’s tweets may seem rash and unconsidered but, in reality, he is doing exactly what Alinsky suggested his followers do. First, instead of going after “the fake media” -- and they are so fake that they have literally gotten every single significant story of the past 60 years not just wrong, but diametrically opposed to the truth, from the Tet Offensive to Benghazi, to what really happened on the streets of Ferguson, Missouri -- Trump isolated CNN. He made it personal.

Then, just as Alinsky suggests, he employs ridicule which Alinsky described as “the most powerful weapon of all...” Most importantly, Trump’s tweets have put CNN in an untenable and unwinnable position. They need to respond.

This leaves them with only two choices. They can either “go high” (as Hillary would disingenuously declare of herself and the fake news would disingenuously report as the truth) and begin to honestly and accurately report the news or they can double-down on their usual tactics and hope to defeat Trump with twice their usual hysteria and demagoguery. The problem for CNN (et al.) with the former is that, if they were to start honestly reporting the news, that would be the end of the Democratic Party they serve. It is nothing but the incessant use of fake news (read: propaganda) that keeps the Left alive.

Imagine, for example, if CNN had honestly and accurately reported then-candidate Barack Obama’s close ties to foreign terrorists (Rashid Khalidi), domestic terrorists (William Ayers & Bernardine Dohrn), the Mafia (Tony Rezko) or the true evils of his spiritual mentor, Jeremiah Wright’s church.

Imagine if they had honestly and accurately conveyed the evils of the Obama administration’s weaponizing of the IRS to be used against their political opponents or his running of guns to the Mexican cartels or the truth about the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and the Obama administration’s cover-up.

So, to my friends on the Left -- and the #NeverTrumpers as well -- do I wish we lived in a time when our president could be “collegial” and “dignified” and “proper”? Of course I do.

These aren’t those times. This is war. And it’s a war that the Left has been fighting without opposition for the past 50 years.

So, say anything you want about this president -- I get it. He can be vulgar, he can be crude, he can be undignified at times. I don’t care. I can’t spare this man. He fights for America!
__________________
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
'I'm here just to establish an alibi'
cornemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
devils advocate
 
kamikazi89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,986
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,314 Posts
if he was just rude and vulgar, that would be one thing...but he's setting up huge concentration camps along the southwest border...a dn you know what?

not a peep of protest from alex jones
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis D. View Post
we need to make the wheels out of pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post
Time Bandits!







What's wrong with you people?
katie west is the best


Trump is a pussy


kamikazi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM   #35 (permalink)
the friendly misanthrope
 
Bonbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 34
Thanks: 16
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
i don't care if he had the manners and the dignity of a General Robert E Lee,
the man is inept, thoroughly self serving & corrupt, a liar and completely unqualified to reside in the oval office as a president....
trump being known as an offensive ill mannered asshole was always his distinct true personality, that's an obvious given...
Bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
devils advocate
 
kamikazi89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,986
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,314 Posts
however, that doesn't mean the rest of the world (particularly the Syrian people) should continue to suffer simply due to the American political calendar..by all (reasonable) accounts Obama was a reasoned, well mannered polite and thoughtful person..and he still made horrific mistakes innocent people in far away lands paid for...

and that's what needs to stop..

along with Trumps attempted suspension of habeas corpus and the countries further descent into an ethnocentric-police state
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis D. View Post
we need to make the wheels out of pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post
Time Bandits!







What's wrong with you people?
katie west is the best


Trump is a pussy


kamikazi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
Interesting read:

Marshall Kamena is a registered democrat and was elected mayor of Livermore, CA. He ran on the democratic ticket as he knew a Bay Area city would never vote for a republican. He is as conservative as they come. He wrote the following and it is a good read:

Subject: Trump’s lack of decorum, dignity, and statesmanship

By Marshall Kamena, Mayor of Livermore, CA.

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum. They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.”

Here’s my answer: We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency.

We tried statesmanship.

Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as John McCain?

We tried propriety-- has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney?

And the results were always the same. This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.

I don’t find anything “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper” about Barack Obama’s lying about what went down on the streets of Ferguson in order to ramp up racial hatreds because racial hatreds serve the Democratic Party.

I don’t see anything “dignified” in lying about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and imprisoning an innocent filmmaker to cover your tracks.

I don’t see anything “statesman-like” in weaponizing the IRS to be used to destroy your political opponents and any dissent.

Yes, Obama was “articulate” and “polished” but in no way was he in the least bit “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper.”

The Left has been engaged in a war against America since the rise of the Children of the ‘60s. To them, it has been an all-out war where nothing is held sacred and nothing is seen as beyond the pale. It has been a war they’ve fought with violence, the threat of violence, demagoguery and lies from day one – the violent take-over of the universities – till today.

The problem is that, through these years, the Left has been the only side fighting this war. While the Left has been taking a knife to anyone who stands in their way, the Right has continued to act with dignity, collegiality and propriety.

With Donald Trump, this all has come to an end. Donald Trump is America’s first wartime president in the Culture War.

During wartime, things like “dignity” and “collegiality” simply aren’t the most essential qualities one looks for in their warriors. Ulysses Grant was a drunk whose behavior in peacetime might well have seen him drummed out of the Army for conduct unbecoming.

Had Abraham Lincoln applied the peacetime rules of propriety and booted Grant, the Democrats might well still be holding their slaves today.

Lincoln rightly recognized that, “I cannot spare this man. He fights.”

General George Patton was a vulgar-talking. In peacetime, this might have seen him stripped of rank. But, had Franklin Roosevelt applied the normal rules of decorum then, Hitler and the Socialists would barely be five decades into their thousand-year Reich.

Trump is fighting. And what’s particularly delicious is that, like Patton standing over the battlefield as his tanks obliterated Rommel’s, he’s shouting, “You magnificent bastards, I read your book!”

That is just the icing on the cake, but it’s wonderful to see that not only is Trump fighting, he’s defeating the Left using their own tactics. That book is Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals -- a book so essential to the Liberals’ war against America that it is and was the playbook for the entire Obama administration and the subject of Hillary Clinton’s senior thesis.

It is a book of such pure evil, that, just as the rest of us would dedicate our book to those we most love or those to whom we are most indebted, Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer.

Trump’s tweets may seem rash and unconsidered but, in reality, he is doing exactly what Alinsky suggested his followers do. First, instead of going after “the fake media” -- and they are so fake that they have literally gotten every single significant story of the past 60 years not just wrong, but diametrically opposed to the truth, from the Tet Offensive to Benghazi, to what really happened on the streets of Ferguson, Missouri -- Trump isolated CNN. He made it personal.

Then, just as Alinsky suggests, he employs ridicule which Alinsky described as “the most powerful weapon of all...” Most importantly, Trump’s tweets have put CNN in an untenable and unwinnable position. They need to respond.

This leaves them with only two choices. They can either “go high” (as Hillary would disingenuously declare of herself and the fake news would disingenuously report as the truth) and begin to honestly and accurately report the news or they can double-down on their usual tactics and hope to defeat Trump with twice their usual hysteria and demagoguery. The problem for CNN (et al.) with the former is that, if they were to start honestly reporting the news, that would be the end of the Democratic Party they serve. It is nothing but the incessant use of fake news (read: propaganda) that keeps the Left alive.

Imagine, for example, if CNN had honestly and accurately reported then-candidate Barack Obama’s close ties to foreign terrorists (Rashid Khalidi), domestic terrorists (William Ayers & Bernardine Dohrn), the Mafia (Tony Rezko) or the true evils of his spiritual mentor, Jeremiah Wright’s church.

Imagine if they had honestly and accurately conveyed the evils of the Obama administration’s weaponizing of the IRS to be used against their political opponents or his running of guns to the Mexican cartels or the truth about the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and the Obama administration’s cover-up.

So, to my friends on the Left -- and the #NeverTrumpers as well -- do I wish we lived in a time when our president could be “collegial” and “dignified” and “proper”? Of course I do.

These aren’t those times. This is war. And it’s a war that the Left has been fighting without opposition for the past 50 years.

So, say anything you want about this president -- I get it. He can be vulgar, he can be crude, he can be undignified at times. I don’t care. I can’t spare this man. He fights for America!
It was hard to read after he said Bush suffered the most "outrageous lies" and "politically motivated hatreds" that undermined his presidency. Holy fucking fuck!! The man responsible for the worst foreign policy decision in the history of the US and some fucking how it was the left that undermined his presidency? Patriot act anyone? I won't even go into him comment on McCain.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
kamikazi89 (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 05:07 AM   #38 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi89 View Post
however, that doesn't mean the rest of the world (particularly the Syrian people) should continue to suffer simply due to the American political calendar..by all (reasonable) accounts Obama was a reasoned, well mannered polite and thoughtful person..and he still made horrific mistakes innocent people in far away lands paid for...

and that's what needs to stop..

along with Trumps attempted suspension of habeas corpus and the countries further descent into an ethnocentric-police state
I agree. But Yemen is actually worse than Syria. And lets not forget the old standby, Afghanistan. Or Somalia, Libya, Niger, Iraq and not to mention our sanctions on countries that don't kiss our ass, like Iran. We've killed approximately 20 million people since WW2. We are indeed exceptional.

Last edited by stoneric; 06-29-2018 at 10:43 AM.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:26 AM   #39 (permalink)
devils advocate
 
kamikazi89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,986
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,314 Posts
yea, George W. Bush should be in prison..just to give a little context to my posts, i was "triggered" by comments (on other outlets) concerning the recent announcement of the Russia-US summit and i related it to the false anger portion of this thread title
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis D. View Post
we need to make the wheels out of pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post
Time Bandits!







What's wrong with you people?
katie west is the best


Trump is a pussy


kamikazi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazi89 For This Useful Post:
stoneric (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,698
Thanks: 5,589
Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,780 Posts
I haven't read much on the Trump/Putin summit but I can only imagine the range of comments. It all depends where the article originates. Trump is a babbling moron but meeting with Putin is a good thing. Putin is a thug but he and Russia are no different from the biggest thug on the planet, us. Let Russia or China take over as the world's policeman. Our lives wouldn't change other than for the better. Tax dollars spent at home.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design