YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Politics And Current Affairs
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Politics And Current Affairs Discussion on politics, current affairs and law. Do something today to make a difference.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitch View Post
Increasing use, neglecting other activities to focus on use, continuing to use despite social pressure, continuing to use despite legal consequences. Those are the main critera for substance abuse sisorders. 2 to 3 of those qualifies some one to be diagnosed as having a substance abuse disorder (different from dependency)
The only things I'd accept as signs of abuse would be physical in nature. Legal consequences or social pressure can change by crossing a street.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
tragically misinformed
 
kitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bay State
Posts: 10,282
Thanks: 736
Thanked 3,019 Times in 1,707 Posts
I wasn't diagnosing him anyway, just mentioning that this post alone seems more like a disordered mind than a rational thought pattern. He literally implied it was ok these families were killed because they might not support legalization.
__________________
resurrection comes
not from iron nails and battered bodies,
but from the pungent warmth
of rich soil and rotting leaves
where dry seeds sprout
and grow toward the sun.

kitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
And I was just commenting on your post about substance abuse disorders. I don't condone anyone "literally implying" that people should be murdered because of their views on marijuana legalization and if that is his belief then I agree with you. But I don't think he is that type of person.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
When the subject of gun control came up Paul Ryan scoffed at the idea and said "prayer works". Talk about living in a fantasy world. Just pray to the man in the sky, that'll work.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
tragically misinformed
 
kitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bay State
Posts: 10,282
Thanks: 736
Thanked 3,019 Times in 1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneric View Post
And I was just commenting on your post about substance abuse disorders. I don't condone anyone "literally implying" that people should be murdered because of their views on marijuana legalization and if that is his belief then I agree with you. But I don't think he is that type of person.
If you really want to get into that, the level of cognitive dissonance in most every day cannabis users is insane. Publicly they'll talk about how it's not addictive at all and completely harmless. Privately they'll complain or laugh with their friends about how they don't eat or sleep except after they smoke. I know that argument will not garner much support on yahooka, but I have a large number of friends and coworkers who will happily acknowledge that they have a lot of trouble stopping.
__________________
resurrection comes
not from iron nails and battered bodies,
but from the pungent warmth
of rich soil and rotting leaves
where dry seeds sprout
and grow toward the sun.

kitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
devils advocate
 
kamikazi89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,815
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 3,008
Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,257 Posts
it's so relentlessly....depr essingly bi-nary & reductive..and the generalizations are soso wide you could build a monument to them
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis D. View Post
we need to make the wheels out of pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post
Time Bandits!







What's wrong with you people?
katie west is the best


Trump is a pussy


kamikazi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kamikazi89 For This Useful Post:
silverleaf (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitch View Post
If you really want to get into that, the level of cognitive dissonance in most every day cannabis users is insane. Publicly they'll talk about how it's not addictive at all and completely harmless. Privately they'll complain or laugh with their friends about how they don't eat or sleep except after they smoke. I know that argument will not garner much support on yahooka, but I have a large number of friends and coworkers who will happily acknowledge that they have a lot of trouble stopping.
And I have a large number of friends and former co-workers(I'm retired)who would say that is a pile of bullshit. Do you have any adult friends who didn't start puffing when they were 12? And who wants to stop? I enjoy pot. Period.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
tragically misinformed
 
kitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Bay State
Posts: 10,282
Thanks: 736
Thanked 3,019 Times in 1,707 Posts
Yes, I do, and no for the most part they don't want to stop. But if your argument is that they're not addicted because they don't want to stop you misunderstand the nature of addiction entirely. If using a substance has a negative impact on other aspects of your life (sleep, eating, work, social relationships), but continuing using it just because you like the way it feels, that is substance abuse as laid out in the dsm v. Saying you can't accept anything except physical withdrawal as a symptom of abuse would mean that crack and meth aren't addictive.

I'm not saying no one should smoke weed but some of you guys think weed is ALWAYS good. It's a drug. You like getting high. That's fine in moderation but abuse is common.
__________________
resurrection comes
not from iron nails and battered bodies,
but from the pungent warmth
of rich soil and rotting leaves
where dry seeds sprout
and grow toward the sun.

kitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitch View Post
Yes, I do, and no for the most part they don't want to stop. But if your argument is that they're not addicted because they don't want to stop you misunderstand the nature of addiction entirely. If using a substance has a negative impact on other aspects of your life (sleep, eating, work, social relationships), but continuing using it just because you like the way it feels, that is substance abuse as laid out in the dsm v. Saying you can't accept anything except physical withdrawal as a symptom of abuse would mean that crack and meth aren't addictive.

I'm not saying no one should smoke weed but some of you guys think weed is ALWAYS good. It's a drug. You like getting high. That's fine in moderation but abuse is common.
I was talking about myself and my adult friends who don't have the negative aspects that you mentioned. That was my whole point. I live a normal life and am much more healthy than the vast majority of people my age and I smoke pot EVERY day. I have 44 years of smoking under my belt and I'd venture to say that if I did alcohol, crack or meth for that many years on such a regular basis, I'd be dead or in such terrible shape that I wish I were dead. The problem with substance abuse programs is that they just won't admit that people addicted to other substances can't possibly smoke pot on a regular basis and lead a normal, happy life.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
patriot (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Learner
 
Sir-Ex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 21,221
Thanks: 4,834
Thanked 9,312 Times in 5,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi89 View Post
..mainly because all the people my age were females and very pleasant to be around..

__________________
Smile
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Link to my blog
Sir-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
UnAmerikkan
 
patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: United States of Saudi Arabiaa
Posts: 1,849
Thanks: 55
Thanked 339 Times in 214 Posts
Right you are stoneric. You and I are on the same page. I quit drinking just about all alcohol and have really never smoked tobacco. Man am I glad I never started that addiction. All that being said, why aren't there newscasts of how the families of the prohibition victim's families are affected by their "loved one" being incarcerated and losing all he owns? I have watched many substances take people down, but never cannabis.

It's a shame that I have to protect myself and my property from the ones on taxpayer's salary. Yet, the guy who shot up the church has no fear of arrest carrying firearms and ammunition to the scene of the massacre. It has all been the same thing over and over with these mass shootings. Yet law enforcement and legislators would rather spend more time on cannabis issues while the massacres keep going on. Something has been direly wrong for too many years and is getting worse.

I know those people went to church with plans on what they will be doing after the sermon. They didn't go there to die. Just like the concert goers in Las Vegas. But all of us are going to die at some time. The real sad part of the prohibition victims is they continue to live on in the pit of misery and usually as a slave for many years. Their families get to go see them in their gloomy circumstances. I hear people say things like,"Well, they knew it was against the law and that's the chance you take." Well, the damn law shouldn't be there in the first fucking place and they should have went out like I did and stood up against it. I am a soldier, as was The Governor who was murdered in his living room for his efforts. Most soldiers usually don't have much sympathy when people die. They just get upset with the enemy when their comrades are killed. Anyone who supports the prohibition of cannabis/hemp is my enemy and actually an enemy to all of mankind, even themselves. Like I said before, they don't even realize that what they do is terribly wrong.
patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
fuck donald trump
 
silverleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: yankeedom
Posts: 2,637
Thanks: 2,748
Thanked 2,051 Times in 967 Posts
From the minute it came up on my New Threads feed, I 100% predicted that this discussion would end in vicious infighting among legalization advocates. Covfefe!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Hat View Post
Hi. Grow lots of cannabis... then smoke it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
never be a bad friend
silverleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
bougeman
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,461
Thanks: 5,394
Thanked 6,523 Times in 3,675 Posts
Nothing close to vicious. Just a misunderstanding of little consequence. Everyone knows how everyone is.
stoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stoneric For This Useful Post:
silverleaf (11-11-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
KONERS!
 
turmaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 9,399
Thanks: 5,042
Thanked 9,643 Times in 4,498 Posts
An 8 month old baby was shot dead.
Jesus Christ.
Fuckin hell.


Fuck this thread.
__________________
BONERZ!


"I browse at work. If some nerd had a problem with dicks I'd stare him in the eyes then magnify the picture in question without saying a word."

"Shit is cash I love to lose myself to narrative while simultaneously soaking in nature and watching the frogs bang."
__________________
Terry


"NCC: A Cautionary Tale of Condoms and Crises", OR "YOLO: Ballsack Barnacles & Babies"

silverleaf
turmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turmaline For This Useful Post:
silverleaf (11-14-2017), Xil (11-13-2017)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design