YaHooka Forums  

Go Back   YaHooka Forums > The Chronic Colloquials > Sports And Autos
Home FAQ Social Groups Links Mark Forums Read

Sports And Autos This forum is for social conversation about sports This is no place for name calling, or bashing.. Please keep it clean and respectable..

View Poll Results: Which country's sporting achievements?
Britain - UK 3 7.69%
USA 21 53.85%
Canada 8 20.51%
Australia 6 15.38%
China 2 5.13%
You suck 7 17.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
KTF
 
Lloydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 685
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,419 Posts
i am fairly certain thats absolute bullshit, the world cup is watched by every country in the world whereas the superbowl is watched by yanks and japs
__________________
Keep the red flag flying high
Lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
fact: the super bowl is rated higher than any single world cup match
Major sports broadcasts

The sporting event with the largest worldwide audience is the FIFA World Cup. An estimated cumulative audience of 28.8 billion viewers watched the 2006 FIFA World Cup on television, and 1.3 billion viewers watched the final match. Other events that have been described as "the most watched" per various definitions include the Summer Olympic Games, Super Bowl, and the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

/wiki
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
i am fairly certain thats absolute bullshit, the world cup is watched by every country in the world whereas the superbowl is watched by yanks and japs...
...central america as well


so you're telling me that everyone in the world watches say, England vs. Poland? It's not mostly people from England and Poland that watch it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cannabis View Post
Major sports broadcasts

The sporting event with the largest worldwide audience is the FIFA World Cup. An estimated cumulative audience of 28.8 billion viewers watched the 2006 FIFA World Cup on television, and 1.3 billion viewers watched the final match. Other events that have been described as "the most watched" per various definitions include the Summer Olympic Games, Super Bowl, and the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

/wiki
keyword: cumulative
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
KTF
 
Lloydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 685
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
...central america as well


so you're telling me that everyone in the world watches say, England vs. Poland? It's not mostly people from England and Poland that watch it?
well me and my mates watched pretty much every match last year and I dont even like football that much
its the greatest sporting event on the planet
__________________
Keep the red flag flying high
Lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
keyword: cumulative
keyword 1.3 billion

if everyone in the USAx3 watched the superbowl (which not everyone does), it still wouldn't be 1.3 billion
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
you have to include other countries there, CC. It is broadcasted worldwide.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
yeah but honestly nobody else cares

ps. i watch the superbowl every year
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
p.ps:


(AP) An estimated 90.7 million people watched the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks Sunday, the largest Super Bowl audience since the Steelers last played in the title game in 1996.

Super Bowl Earns Super Ratings, Estimated 90.7 Million Viewers Watch Steelers Take Out Seahawks - CBS News
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
KTF
 
Lloydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 685
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
you have to include other countries there, CC. It is broadcasted worldwide.
and nowhere watches it, they dont even advertise it here
the japs are the only ones who like it
__________________
Keep the red flag flying high
Lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
@ CC- you underestimate the reach of the NFL. The league is big in Japan and Mexico.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
what about ron mexico?

__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
@ CC- you underestimate the reach of the NFL. The league is big in Japan and Mexico.
Japan Population: 127,463,611 (July 2006 est.)
Mexico Population: 107,449,525 (July 2006 est.)
USA - Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)

summing those all up (which in this context is ridiculous) comes just over 0.5 billion. so if everyone in all three countries watched the superbowl, they would have accounted for 38% of the people that watched the world cup
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
Moderated
 
Flamingnun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: roflmao
Posts: 21,410
Thanks: 1,014
Thanked 2,637 Times in 1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
@ CC- you underestimate the reach of the NFL. The league is big in Japan and Mexico.
lol its still nowhere near a billion, american football sucks, and the rest of the world recognises this.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flamingnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
fine, more people watched the world cup.

But nun, football sucks? Perhaps you should just stick to "pretending to like soccer." The NFL and the sport of football is the fastest growing sport in the last 30 years. It's expanded into Japan and Mexico, and soon to be England. That's right, the NFL will be playing a game in London in the near future.

You euro's that say, "I've seen an NFL Europe game, it sucks." Well, yeah it does, that's the NFL's farm system. No player of any real value is sent over there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
KTF
 
Lloydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 685
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_Militia View Post
fine, more people watched the world cup.

But nun, football sucks? Perhaps you should just stick to "pretending to like soccer." The NFL and the sport of football is the fastest growing sport in the last 30 years. It's expanded into Japan and Mexico, and soon to be England. That's right, the NFL will be playing a game in London in the near future.

You euro's that say, "I've seen an NFL Europe game, it sucks." Well, yeah it does, that's the NFL's farm system. No player of any real value is sent over there.
yank football is a joke over here, they might play a game here but only wannabe yank idiots will go to see it
__________________
Keep the red flag flying high
Lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
safety word: more
 
Captain Cannabis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: m.i.a.
Posts: 21,028
Thanks: 5,677
Thanked 7,993 Times in 4,177 Posts
i like canadian football but that is probably because its cheap to go to games, entertaining, and edmonton has a pretty good history of winning
__________________
fuck the monkeys
Captain Cannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Chet Manly
 
notepadinparis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: denva
Posts: 5,223
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 557 Times in 304 Posts
football > soccer



it had to be said.


I like soccer (yes im calling it soccer) but a lot of the players (even in the good leagues, maybe especially in the good leagues) are whiny bitches who flop to the ground everytime theres contact trying to draw the foul.. real fuckin' cool.




oh, and i watch both the super bowl and the world cup every year..

Last edited by notepadinparis; 05-04-2007 at 04:15 PM.
notepadinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Michigan_Militia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cannabis View Post
i like canadian football but that is probably because its cheap to go to games, entertaining, and edmonton has a pretty good history of winning
I like the CFL too. It's nowhere near the NFL, but I enjoy watching all the college stars who couldn't make the NFL, and of course, the suspended NFL guys; ie Ricky Williams and Onterrio Smith.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
KTF
 
Lloydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 685
Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrenology View Post
football > soccer



it had to be said.


I like soccer (yes im calling it soccer) but a lot of the players (even in the good leagues, maybe especially in the good leagues) are whiny bitches who flop to the ground everytime theres contact trying to draw the foul.. real fuckin' cool.




oh, and i watch both the super bowl and the world cup every year..
even if there is a lot of greasy diving fuckers in football its still better than gay boys rugby
__________________
Keep the red flag flying high
Lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design